• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lt_doobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Coupe
So sick of the damn Canadians getting every feature possible on their Si's.....Heated seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, 10.2 inch cluster, etc
Most of the time we get much less. Type R was only offered in 2 colours the past few years. We usually have fewer models to choose from as well.
Sponsored

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
I would like the Canadian version. Question, does anybody know what would be the process in importing one tothe US? Can the cluster km be changed to mph like for some cars tire air pressure can be changed from psi to kpa, is it poasible?
You will have to get a statement from Honda Canada that car meets US requirements. I believe there are companies that handle these imports. Km to mph is a simple menu setting.
11th Gen Honda Civic Official 2022 Civic Si Specifications & Features Screenshot_20211113-123150_Adobe Acrobat

Last edited:
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 LEAF SV+, 19 Altima Plat, 22 Mach-E4X ordered
While I know Honda is doing all it can to keep the cost of the US Spec Si down (i.e. under that of the Touring), I wonder how much of the content cut is also due to shortages. We were selling 11th gens with only one key for almost five months. Also, while it's tough to compare because of exchange rates, it's worth noting that in Canada the Si sits above the Touring in terms of pricing whereas in the US the Si splits the difference between the EX and the Touring.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
I would like the Canadian version. Question, does anybody know what would be the process in importing one to the US? ...
Must meet all US standards, safety and emissions, for that model year - it doesn't (TPMS is one example). You can have it modified and certified ($$$$$) but you'd have to buy it in Canada and have it imported/modified. Not sure how "used cars" are handled.

angelc211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Crv
You will have to get a statement from Honda Canada that car meets US requirements. I believe there are companies that handle these imports. Km to mph is a simple menu setting.
Screenshot_20211113-123150_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Just hate the fact that US version of Si seems over priced the next door neightbor has the same vehicle with more features and price. I heard if you look on door jam it will tell if it could be sold to US. Isnt the civic bekng made i Ontario?

angelc211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Crv
Must meet all US standards, safety and emissions, for that model year - it doesn't (TPMS is one example). You can have it modified and certified ($$$$$) but you'd have to buy it in Canada and have it imported/modified. Not sure how "used cars" are handled.
Canda version doesnt use tpms? Correct me if misunderstood? Yes i understand has to meet Ys standards.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Canadian Si models do not require nor have TPMS or other USA required items. You can check for yourself. Oh, don't forget import fees (US taxes) and possible multiple Canadian and province taxes (GST & PST up to 15%).

Last edited:

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Took them until the 2022 model year to add Wireless Carplay and Wireless Chargers, ridiculous if you ask me, should have been a thing since 2017-2018. Just glad they finally did it

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
So sick of the damn Canadians getting every feature possible on their Si's.....Heated seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, 10.2 inch cluster, etc
They're stocking up on these high performing heated everything Civics. Warm, comfy Civics are key to their planned invasion of the U.S.
Sponsored