• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
It's just speculation. The hatch is also made in other countries. What evidence do they have to support the Type R will be built in the US?
Well the engine that is in the Type R is built here in the US. Honda moving Hatchback production from the UK to the US also implies of them being built here. Also thinking about it would it really be smart to build the engines here in Ohio and then ship them to a different country? It would cost them more money to ship them then just building them here in the states. Canada can’t build them as that Plant only builds the Sedan Civics and other Honda products. Japan factory primarily build the Hatchback for their domestic market and I think Australia if I’m not mistaken don’t quote me on that one. But logically speaking it makes 100% sense to build them here when the engine is built and manufactured in the states. Also being built in Ohio and living in the US and Canada would mean Type R’s will be at dealerships faster then how it was for the 10th Gen.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
It's just speculation. The hatch is also made in other countries. What evidence do they have to support the Type R will be built in the US?
If you read further In the digital notebook thing (page 20-30ish) the hatchback is built in the US, with engine also being built there
Sponsored