• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Interior CF
White Footwell lights
Cargo tray
Back seat protector
Door panel light
Center console light
Puddle light

I'll probably do red for all the interior lights. The foot well in red gives me pause though. Not sure. May need to see the part itself and decide if I can make that cool light a bit warmer.

I can't see the spoiler on my car. I like it. It's an expensive bit of kit.

Edit: Installed by tuhroo so I can have it all under my Honda care extended warranty

Edit 2.0:. Tuhroo in your experience with interior light kits do you think the light will be warmer than what is shown? Maybe the JDM accessories are cooler in temp. Or do you think one could put a film on part to warm up the light.

Lol @ the dumb shit I'm sitting here wondering
You really think you'd like the interior lighting? I know that its a feature on alot of high end luxury cars but I feel like personally I wouldn't like it.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
You really think you'd like the interior lighting? I know that its a feature on alot of high end luxury cars but I feel like personally I wouldn't like it.
Some things I like more than others. Everyone has their own tastes. The foot well ones are a biggie. I don't have them installed on my Accord. My German car had it standard. It's something I like and would like to have. I may flip flop on the cup holder thing but right now.. it matches the trim piece. So in my mind I like that. Oh and puddle lights.

I'm not so fixated on one thing or another. I'm still having a hard time choosing in-between Champ and Red.

Easy to talk shit on here, ya know?

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839

Holymoly this sounds so smooth!! Where can I get this vacuum cleaner???

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4

Holymoly this sounds so smooth!! Where can I get this vacuum cleaner???
I understand Honda not to include a loud exhaust. Most of us will change the exhaust system anyways...as corporation, might as well meet regulations and let the aftermarket deal with loud mufflers.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So... The noise sounds like it's pumped in. Reminds me very much of my Accord when in sport mode.

However I feel like when it is in R then the car pops and gurgles. Anyone else notice that or am I crazy?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Honda won't spend ingineering time and cover + bolts for nothing.

Looks to me the cavity is for coolant fluid... to keep it temp control since is over the exhaust manifold.
My understanding is people have already looked and found no coolant or piping into that cavity.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
My understanding is people have already looked and found no coolant or piping into that cavity.
The fact there is an air cavity around the inlet pipe could mean that it's there to simply provide a heat buffer for the hottest part of the inlet surround... There are easier/better ways to do it, but it also doubles as a nice 'style' feature.... so maybe that's all it is.

That said - there's a fair bit of extra mass there, so considering the designer intentions (track ready) it seems unlikely to be anything but functional... but who knows.

Last edited: