• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
It competes fine with the 10th gen Civic, the Corolla is already almost a generation old, and it’s a little unusual that the GR comes out 4 years into the model year. The next gen Corolla hatch is likely to arrive in 2024.

11th gen Civic is a big step up in interior.
The GRC was supposed to come out over a year ago. Morizo didn't like the previous development vehicle, and told them to go back and do it again or he wouldn't sign off.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Yup, the GRC interior is LOL trash, I think those toy cars they sell for toddlers ar costco have similar interiors. I'll get one of those lambos for my kid LOL.

Ideally I would have preferred a more premium interior, but beggers can't be choosers at this point. As long as it drives well...
have you guys sat in a Corolla Sport hatch? Interior seemed nice to me. A rental Corolla is pretty awful.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
It competes fine with the 10th gen Civic, the Corolla is already almost a generation old, and it’s a little unusual that the GR comes out 4 years into the model year. The next gen Corolla hatch is likely to arrive in 2024.

11th gen Civic is a big step up in interior.
I agree - but then you look at the interior of a Mazda 3 from even 8 years ago and it looks leagues above the Corolla.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
have you guys sat in a Corolla Sport hatch? Interior seemed nice to me. A rental Corolla is pretty awful.

They try to make the design seem modern, but they are so plasticy... I know I've already said this - but my comparison of late is always with the Mazda 3 (no I don't own one) because I personally think they have outdone themselves since around 2014 with interiors. It's not even in the same ballpark unfortunately (IMO).

I can't compare to the 11th Gen Civic though as I haven't actually sat in one yet.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
I agree - but then you look at the interior of a Mazda 3 from even 8 years ago and it looks leagues above the Corolla.
A GR-Four drivetrain with a Mazda 3 Premium interior would be peak decadence.

They try to make the design seem modern, but they are so plasticy... I know I've already said this - but my comparison of late is always with the Mazda 3 because I personally think they have outdone themselves since around 2014 with interiors. It's not even in the same ballpark unfortunately (IMO).
Yeah, the 2.5 Turbo AWD is just... :| Feels like you're driving a lower CX-5 more than anything with any sporty intentions.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Regardless, you guys enjoy your Corollas. More Type Rs for the forum. Cool car and I respect its ability, but just cant get past the styling. Plus as a Honda fan, buying a Toyota is like a Ford guy buying a Camaro.
I loved the styling on the 10th gen Type R, I would go Wow when I saw one.
I walked past a GR Yaris in Taiwan and was like “wow” with the huge wide rear end, it looks like a rally car. I don’t like the GRY in pictures but in person it has presence.

Not sure about the mild new R, will have to see it in person.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
They try to make the design seem modern, but they are so plasticy... I know I've already said this - but my comparison of late is always with the Mazda 3 (no I don't own one) because I personally think they have outdone themselves since around 2014 with interiors. It's not even in the same ballpark unfortunately (IMO).

I can't compare to the 11th Gen Civic though as I haven't actually sat in one yet.
Yeah, Mazda is in a different playing field fighting with Audi (ahead of BMW).

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Just now saw that its 2/100ths of a second faster than the LE. So literally the wind could blow behind the LE and carry it to victory on the next go round.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
I walked past a GR Yaris in Taiwan and was like “wow” with the huge wide rear end, it looks like a rally car. I don’t like the GRY in pictures but in person it has presence.

Yea as much as I don't like the interior - I have to say the Yaris does look decent in person from the outside.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Just now saw that its 2/100ths of a second faster than the LE. So literally the wind could blow behind the LE and carry it to victory on the next go round.
TH said the LE was way too stiff for their bumpy track. That car was probably designed for Japan’s pristine circuits.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
TH said the LE was way too stiff for their bumpy track. That car was probably designed for Japan’s pristine circuits.
Doesn't LE also come with stickier tires than standard as well? Normal FK8 might edge out GRC using the same tires.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic

I like the look of the Yaris, its the Corolla that just looks a little more bloated and turd-like to my eyes. I hugely prefer FL5 over FK8. FK8 reminds of the tacking on bits look that Pontiac pulled on their 80s, 90s vehicles

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Was ment for the ring to chance the ring time
Doesn't LE also come with stickier tires than standard as well? Normal FK8 might edge out GRC using the same tires.
Pilot 2, forged lightweight wheels etc. So yes. If the GRC had lighter wheels and pilot 2's easily 1 second faster.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
We shouldn’t read too much into TH lap times done a year apart anyway. It beat the Golf R on the same day, that’s impressive.
Sponsored