• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
So do we know if the infotainment system works in the 11th gen Civics and doesnt crash like most of the FK8s because that alone will get me an upgrade
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
So do we know if the infotainment system works in the 11th gen Civics and doesnt crash like most of the FK8s because that alone will get me an upgrade
you know the issue is never really the head unit, most of the time it is stupid apple updates

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Frankly, I'd pay them to not put any of that stuff on there lol
why pay them to do that if its not even on the car in the first place... 🤷‍♂️

accessories.....they are optional, you dont get them unless you pay for them.

personally, all extra light options add a sense of class and atmosphere...

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
It's a joke, Riko lol

It's not a very good one, but a joke nonetheless.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
you know the issue is never really the head unit, most of the time it is stupid apple updates
My head unit will shut off all sound even when the phone isn't connected and I am listening to the radio and my friends with different cars such as GR Supra, '23 Durango, and GR86 and their cars have no issue with the same phones as mine. My headunit even got a warranty fix and they put a new one in and immediately had the same issue

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
All infotainment units suck no matter who the manufacturer is. Just wish I had enough money for a ‘98 MKIV Supra Turbo and I wouldn’t have to deal with them anymore. Excited about the Type R though.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
It's usually is not the head unit. However there are definitely times when it is the problem too. Shit can happen.

Speaking about the current generation Civic this is probably my favorite version of Hondas infotainment. It is simplistic, quick. It is also is versatile enough to put Android Auto/Apple carplay up front.

For the future, my understanding is Honda is aware of the importance of this. We can see how they learned to return the volume knob. You can see the impact poor infotainment has had with vehicles such as the GTI and Golf R.

Honda has announced ties with both google and apple. I'm assuming that means android automotive and deep integration of apple carplay. That said both those companies could also be considered competitors or future competitors. (Alphabet, Apple).

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
we have done some head units for sure, but I would say 85% of the time it is the phone not the radio

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I wouldn't...

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Is that 325bhp confirmed for the UK? What about the torque figure is that confirmed for UKDM yet? Not much of an increase over FK8, only adding 9 HP.

The US advertising of "The Most PowerFul Type R Ever Sold In The US" and you get 15bhp extra over your FK8 but still 1hp less than the JDM/EU/UK FK8. All seems a bit silly and overblown to me.

Just a change of air filter and slight redesign of the exhaust would likely net more of an increase than that anyway. Then the FL5 is heavier than the FK8 as well so negligible really.

Obviously I know there's much more to it than that with wheels and tyres changing etc. Still, I would have thought they would have aimed for at least 20-30hp increase if they wanted to actually show something reasonably impressive figures wise.
Sponsored