• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
paying 10k over isn't winning, its called fcking yourself.
But you're not.. because you won't pay that. You're smart.

You'll wait it out.

I mean obviously places should sell an EL5 for less than FK8 market value.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
oh i can afford it, I can afford it so I can tell you throwing 10k away is dumb as fck.
To each their own. You either pay to play or watch from the sidelines for a better price.

I've got a spot at 5k ADM.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm not sure it's worth paying attention to it much more...

We are talking about money. It is different for everyone. He understands market value. He seems what FK8s sell for. He sees what Golf Rs sell for. He sees what EVOs sell for. You can find them in that price range from private sellers. It's the market, it's the auctions. It is what it is.

Ask him if he wants to sell his GTI or his house or anything he owns for less than what it is worth.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Just so people know thereā€™s a difference between being able to afford something and willing to pay for something. I say to each there own but I personally wouldnā€™t be willing or wanting to pay more than say 2-3k over MSRP for the type R. At the end of the day itā€™s a Honda Civic and as much as I want it, itā€™s a still a Civic. The number one attraction for me of this car is that it punches way above its weight for the price you pay. If the price of admission is close to a 70k car after dealership theivery I would have to move on to something that makes more sense for that dollar.

Last edited:

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
I'm not sure it's worth paying attention to it much more...

We are talking about money. It is different for everyone. He understands market value. He seems what FK8s sell for. He sees what Golf Rs sell for. He sees what EVOs sell for. You can find them in that price range from private sellers. It's the market, it's the auctions. It is what it is.

Ask him if he wants to sell his GTI or his house or anything he owns for less than what it is worth.
True. I sold my FK8 for 44k at 16k miles. Sure I don't like adm but I'd sound like a massive jackass if I'll sell for more than MSRP but, expect MSRP for myself.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I don't think any of us care about the others financial standing.

You either are willing to spend it or you are not. I just think it's ridiculous to go calling people names or shaming them because you won't do it. We have something that brings us together. Why let stuff like that break it up.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I really want this car but my life won't change either way if I own it or not. I'd rather spend the 5k on a vacation than on a car markup thats for sure.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I don't think any of us care about the others financial standing.

You either are willing to spend it or you are not. I just think it's ridiculous to go calling people names or shaming them because you won't do it. We have something that brings us together. Why let stuff like that break it up.
because you paying markup cause dealers to continue their ways so yeh, people that pay markups to me are simps.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Just so people know theirs a difference between being able to afford something and willing to pay for something. I say to each their own but I personally wouldnā€™t be willing or wanting to pay more than say 2-3k over MSRP for the type R. At the end of the day itā€™s a Honda Civic and as much as I want it, itā€™s a still a Civic. The number one attraction for me of this car is that it punches way above its weight for the price you pay. If the price of admission is close to a 70k car after dealership theivery I would have to move on to something that makes more sense for that dollar.
All cars are just cars. The beaten to death statement, thatā€™s itā€™s just a Civic means less than nothing. I guarantee you, I can list you a handful of cars, that at the time, weā€™re ā€œjust that carā€ and yet people still love them, and pay more than they are worth, to own them.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
because you paying markup cause dealers to continue their ways so yeh, people that pay markups to me are simps.
Well thats how supply and demand works lol

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Who gives a shit? I mean, nothing is going to change regardless of how you view people paying markups. When I die, the last thing Iā€™ll give a shit about, is how I paid a markup.