• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
they'll give the ring time when the performance numbers drop. Why wouldn't a better chassis car not go faster?
Did you know that lap record was run in Comfort mode? That was not the FK8 highly tuned chassis in +R mode doing its thing. That was Sabine. She was that great running that ring.

To beat that time, the FL5 needs not only to be better than the FK8, the pilot needs to be faster than her.... and that's a lot to ask. So we really shouldn't be bothered if it doesn't beat the FK8 lap time.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Did you know that lap record was run in Comfort mode? That was not the FK8 highly tuned chassis in +R mode doing its thing. That was Sabine. She was that great running that ring.

To beat that time, the FL5 needs not only to be better than the FK8, the pilot needs to be faster than her.... and that's a lot to ask. So we really shouldn't be bothered if it doesn't beat the FK8 lap time.
There has to be a commensurate driver somewhere on the planet.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
I lurked on the Civic X forums in the Tracking/Auto cross subsection and read through alot of the posts of people having overheating problems and I watched some guy on YouTube.

Ah yeah I remember people saying that, the readings weren't 100% accurate.

The top 3 recommendations what people said as a general rule was to upgrade the radiator install some type of cooling lines and get a different intercooler. Some people said that the biggest change in temperature would be removing the AC because its position blocks alot of airflow. Im sure that after you control IAT and ECT then you have to worry about oil cooling if you are doing lap after lap but from what Ive read experienced drivers couldn't even do a hot lap without timing being pulled on certain tracks in certain conditions.

Im just curious to see what has been done.

Lol about the camo wrap 😄
The general rule actually is: vented hood, larger grill (pre-facelift fk8 at least), racing radiator and oil coolers. Acuity's radiator hoses is not really significant. And that is for the overheating problem only, just to stop you from getting into limp mode. It still pulls power in stock tune. Once you change the intercooler to fix that, it blocks some airflow to the radiator behind and you're back to having overheating issues haha.

It's still an absolute beast on the race track, we just learn to live with that. The car is so so much fun to drive. You can't be wrong tracking a Type R.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
camry.PNG

I always thought Camry looks pretty nice. Black rear spoiler of ctr got me looking at this lol They're both great cars :) I dont care if it looks alike haha
Well, the Camry looks more aggressive and the two cars don’t look alike in my eyes. For people who want an edgier style, the Camry should be a good fit. Leave to FL5 to us boring mid-lifers. 😅

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great news. It would actually be cheaper to build them in Japan than the US because Yen is completely worthless.
😆 Worthless might be overstatement but it’s heading there because BOJ has just decided to let inflation run and keep interest rate unchanged. Really wish the favorable exchange rate will translate to savings in USD. As it currently stands, the official MSRP (4997300 yens) in Japan translates to 36.7K in USD but we expect to see none of that saving.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos A8E930E8-F0C9-4985-83B5-1DDBA0469557

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
i think USD to YEN average rate about 110-115 for quite long time, if use this rate is about 45K USD. But NA cars always cheaper compare to other market.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i think USD to YEN average rate about 110-115 for quite long time, if use this rate is about 45K USD. But NA cars always cheaper compare to other market.
It’s currently at 136 (USD to Yen) and a great time to import JDM goods for those Gunpla fans ;)

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos B567B59E-8C45-42A8-B75D-6D30281F1C1A

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Well, the Camry looks more aggressive and the two cars don’t look alike in my eyes. For people who want an edgier style, the Camry should be a good fit. Leave to FL5 to us boring mid-lifers. 😅
Had me in the first half, take this like.
Sponsored