• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
that's wild. I guess it wasn't too good for daily? I know they pump out a good amount of power modded.
In two years I put 5500 miles on the car. I never drove it in the rain and it was always garage kept. There just wasn’t enough room. Anytime we wanted to go to the grocery store. I had to make sure that I didn’t buy a box of something, if we were out and about I couldn’t just stop at BJ’s or Costco and get whatever I needed. The trunk space was extremely minimal. You could not even stand the backpack upright in the trunk. If it was far enough back without removing the cover. The car was close to 500 hp at the wheels. It wasn’t even that fun to drive because merging onto the highway at 65 the car would go sideways. I was so concerned about ever needing to replace a piece of that OEM carbon. I priced some of them in case I ever needed to buy any and it was not pretty. I lowered my car payment. I lowered my insurance and I have a car that handles better. It just was a no-brainer for me to buy the Type R.
Sponsored

H TYPE R

First Name
Donson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic TYPE R 2023 M3 COMP 2022 F150 Shelby
Also if you all do not mind me putting this out there. I have a 2023 M3 Comp in my garage which I love. If I need to go fast I can always drive this...but to compare the M3 to the TYPE R is so close it would scare you if you drove them back to back and dare I say the CTR is more fun. The M3 is only "really fun" when you are pushing the car, but it's as good as it gets IMHO. The CTR is fun to drive at 30 mph. I love the fake engine noise..lol really I have it on full blast. I wish it was real but until I get an exhaust system AWE? (maybe) it's what I have to listen to for now. I love the seats I love the looks and how they hold you in even if you have a little size to you. :) The one thing I wish it had was the heads-up display like its cousin the TYPE S. My M3 has heads-up and I love it. I like the fact the front seats are red and the back is black with red stitching. My plan for mods is 1) exhaust 2) wheels and tires (I am very picky this may take some time) 3) rear CF wing (with the red weaves in it) some graphics on the side (I do this to all my cars in a small way) 4) Alcantara headliner, steering wheel, shifter boot (if I can find one) 5) maybe a front lip spoiler (don't want it so low that I have to be too careful, takes the fun out of just hoping in it for a drive (have a low front spoiler on my M3 and have to be so careful) anyway that's it for now. I will get my car for the PPF tomorrow just in time for it to rain for 4 days straight in Dallas ..lol here are some photos of my toys and the small graphics I mentioned

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_6465.PNG

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_3803

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 55F85ECE-8C3C-4507-8D82-88BDC67A6163.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 8FA6F2A7-8C34-417B-B354-389FE9A653B2.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 6DF42C56-5ED9-444A-9458-2AC0B3B508F8.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_5700.PNG

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The one thing I wish it had was the heads-up display like its cousin the TYPE S.
I traded a Type-S for the Type-R, and while the HUD is nice to have, the Type-R gauges are a lot more fun. The HUD just doesn't display much--speed, the speed limit, and directions (but only if you're using Apple Maps). You're honestly not missing out.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Also if you all do not mind me putting this out there. I have a 2023 M3 Comp in my garage which I love. If I need to go fast I can always drive this...but to compare the M3 to the TYPE R is so close it would scare you if you drove them back to back and dare I say the CTR is more fun. The M3 is only "really fun" when you are pushing the car, but it's as good as it gets IMHO. The CTR is fun to drive at 30 mph. I love the fake engine noise..lol really I have it on full blast. I wish it was real but until I get an exhaust system AWE? (maybe) it's what I have to listen to for now. I love the seats I love the looks and how they hold you in even if you have a little size to you. :) The one thing I wish it had was the heads-up display like its cousin the TYPE S. My M3 has heads-up and I love it. I like the fact the front seats are red and the back is black with red stitching. My plan for mods is 1) exhaust 2) wheels and tires (I am very picky this may take some time) 3) rear CF wing (with the red weaves in it) some graphics on the side (I do this to all my cars in a small way) 4) Alcantara headliner, steering wheel, shifter boot (if I can find one) 5) maybe a front lip spoiler (don't want it so low that I have to be too careful, takes the fun out of just hoping in it for a drive (have a low front spoiler on my M3 and have to be so careful) anyway that's it for now. I will get my car for the PPF tomorrow just in time for it to rain for 4 days straight in Dallas ..lol here are some photos of my toys and the small graphics I mentioned

IMG_6465.PNG

IMG_3803.jpg

55F85ECE-8C3C-4507-8D82-88BDC67A6163.JPG

8FA6F2A7-8C34-417B-B354-389FE9A653B2.JPG

6DF42C56-5ED9-444A-9458-2AC0B3B508F8.JPG

IMG_5700.PNG
Your M3 has to go. It doesn’t go with the rest of your toys that all have a R in the model.

H TYPE R

First Name
Donson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic TYPE R 2023 M3 COMP 2022 F150 Shelby
Here is my 2nd FL5 in CW lowered on Spoon Springs.

Instagram: daaamn.R
DSC_3781-2.jpg
DSC_3791-2.jpg
DSC_3798-2.jpg
Could you please tell us about the ride compared to the stock suspension? Also did you put 15mm spacers on the car?

NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Could you please tell us about the ride compared to the stock suspension? Also did you put 15mm spacers on the car?
I can't say that it is more comfortable than stock but it is more like similar to stock feel if you know what I mean. You can definitely tell that you do have an aftermarket springs. For me it is an upgrade looks wise and performance wise as I can now feel a very minimal body roll compared to the stock ones.

I have not installed a spacer YET as Im thinking if I should just get an aftermarket wheels. But I have it on my cart... waiting for payment lol.

TO_FL5_CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5
Hello everyone! I just traded my 2023 GR Corolla in last Friday after owning it for 2 months. I had no intention of buying it 3 hours before I did, but I was dropping my 14-year-old off at school and this lady in a GR was next to me and I thought to myself wow that car has a wide rear end.... and while I was staring at her car, she thought I was staring at her in my big Ford F250 and she zipped away in a flash and I tried to catch up to get a better look she zipped in and out of the cars ahead of me it was no use. I thought to myself that looks like a fun car to drive for an everyday car....dropping kids off at school, going to the grocery store, etc...I love my new F250 but it is a pain to park anywhere. So I went online to see this GR Corolla and no one seemed to have them...I was like it's just a Corolla right? anyway, I found a local dealer that had a black one, MY LEAST favorite color. 2 of my F250s are black ...pain to clean a big truck. But I drove it and was like this is great and bought it....then started watching YouTube videos on it and many were comparisons to the CTR...I never considered a front-wheel drive car but after seeing 30 videos and spending countless hours reading about the TYPE R I was like I'm going to get one....So I found a blue one in Denton Tx for 10K over MSRP and a White one in Rockwall TX also 10K over.....the blue was en route to get to the dealer in 2 weeks and the white one was in the showroom for only 3 days. I took my GR down (it was raining) so they would not let me test-drive it...and after staring at the car for 2 hours (my daughter was bored out of her mind..lol) I made a deal at 7K over MSRP. I drove the car about 2 miles and said to my daughter I just messed up buying this car....she said WHAT??? you do not like it? I said these cars are so different.....not even close to the same.. The GR is fun and feels half the weight... it's a car that given more time I would have lost my licence in for reckless driving. Every time you drive that car you will drive like a fool. however, after driving the TYPE R for the full weekend I would never go back to the GR not even for 1/2 the price. The TYPE R is a better car in every way. More leg room in the back, better looking to me. better acceleration after 30 MPH, better ride ( does not bounce) 10 times better, and smoother shifter and the list goes on feel free to ask me more questions My car is getting PPF at a great place in Dallas Tx and I put yellow PPF on the headlights not sure if I like. Im the guy on the right with the big belly

59.jpg

3275F0AE-F5B5-4D82-B26C-81D01E000349.JPG

C09C18F2-23D3-4A7C-A7A8-053DA77DE21D.JPG

C2200AF1-0CE3-47E9-B2D6-4124D60B20D0.JPG

E2F5DF52-43FF-430E-BF3E-F6CD8C47DF9B.JPG
Same story bro, came from ‘23 GR Circuit Edition after 6 weeks owning lol

sugarl4nd

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CW & 2020 FK8 CW
I have confession to make. I can relate to above experiences.

I used to own 2018 FK8 CW, trade it in to 2023 FL5 CW. Had an itch to purchase 2023 GR Corolla Circuit Edition and bought it on impulse. Drive the GR for 2 months, something is missing in GR ... which I cannot put my hand on it.

In the mean time, I was missing FK8's 'raw' feeling. FL5 is very refine, FK8 is a different animal.

Long story short, as soon as I find FK8 CW (it was 2019) - I traded my GR Corolla and never look back !

Pictures of my GR Circuit, owned & experience one but will not be miss ;). Still a great car, but my heart always with Type R.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Image-5

11th Gen Honda Civic Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread Image-6

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
LOL the R on the truck, F150 is not real I just love the letter "R" !! lol
Hahaha! I thought so. I saw it and was like…whut? But then I saw it’s a Shelby, and I know they make a Cobra R…so I let it pass.