• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Violence HD

Violence HD

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Doesn't the 1.5L take 87 octane? As in Premium fuel is only "recommended" but not required.

If so, what is the increase someone can expect on regular pump fuel, not 91, not 93.
Fuel Octane:
We offer a 93 octane and 91 octane version.
You may use a 93 octane tune if you plan on running 91 octane + 1.5 gallons of ethanol to increase octane.
Use of lower quality fuel may result in elevated k.con values which will increase knock retard.
Your ECU will pull timing which kind of defeats the point of a tune to begin with. Tbh just don't run 87 in 1.5T manuals. You bought the fun car, pay the fun car tax.
Sponsored

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Supra Turbo, 1000hp Lexus SC300, 22 Civic Si...
Got the Phearable Tune loaded today with the KTuner 1.2. No way stock clutch is lasting long! I've only stepped on it in 2nd and 3rd and car smelled of clutch when I got out! It is a very smooth tune, actually feels less dramatic than stock , but pulls like an animal in 3rd.

Quick question. I noticed in 2nd (and one quick romp in first) that I don't exceed 19PSI, but in third it does go to the specified boost level, is that normal?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
GetterDragun ...

I think John uses BBG in 1st only on that tune.

Keep in mind also that there are a lot of factors that go into where your boost targets are. To know whether things are operating as intended, I'd recommend doing a datalog. If the ECU was only commanding 19 psi and you hit 19, that's normal. I'm sure everything's fine.

Don't forget to add your car to my community tuning thread (link in my signature).

Last edited:

Giovandre

First Name
GiO
Threads
Reaction score
North Dakota, USA from Puerto Rico (USAF)
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
is there a way to disable rev hang with out a tune?

El2ok

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
So I am in the market to tune my 11th gen si. I unfortunately live in California 😵 and only have access to 91 gas. I understand that by adding about a gallon of e85 will help with the knock count, but my question if anyone could help clarify is there potential harm to the car long term by mixing fuels like this?

phearable

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So I am in the market to tune my 11th gen si. I unfortunately live in California 😵 and only have access to 91 gas. I understand that by adding about a gallon of e85 will help with the knock count, but my question if anyone could help clarify is there potential harm to the car long term by mixing fuels like this?
Both 91 and 93 octane versions of the 11th gen civic si Stage 1.5R are available.

If you wanted to use 91 octane with ethanol added to achieve 93 octane, you could as long as you stay at or under e15 without adverse effects.

El2ok

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both 91 and 93 octane versions of the 11th gen civic si Stage 1.5R are available.

If you wanted to use 91 octane with ethanol added to achieve 93 octane, you could as long as you stay at or under e15 without adverse effects.
Okay perfect thank you. So just to make sure I understand this.. if I go with the 91 tune, it should help with avg healthy knock control numbers while giving the car a performance boost, but for those that are running 93 octane and running the 93 tune of course will get more performance out of the car.

I'd like to play it safe for the meantime and most likely stick with the 91 tune in order to finally get out of stock mode... this car stock feels so under performance from the factory... lol

phearable

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Okay perfect thank you. So just to make sure I understand this.. if I go with the 91 tune, it should help with avg healthy knock control numbers while giving the car a performance boost, but for those that are running 93 octane and running the 93 tune of course will get more performance out of the car.

I'd like to play it safe for the meantime and most likely stick with the 91 tune in order to finally get out of stock mode... this car stock feels so under performance from the factory... lol
Correct.

El2ok

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Last question I promise.. do you happen to know how the Phearable 91 tune runs off a stock 2022 civic si clutch. I understand eventually I should upgrade the clutch but was wanting to try out the tunes first.

phearable

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Last question I promise.. do you happen to know how the Phearable 91 tune runs off a stock 2022 civic si clutch. I understand eventually I should upgrade the clutch but was wanting to try out the tunes first.
Yes

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
If a stock SI is around a 15.0@94mph in the quarter mile.
How much this tune on 93oct will improve those numbers?
Sponsored