• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
I’ve got a 2022 with a late December build date reserved at msrp. Looking at Autotrader, there are a few 2019’s near me with anywhere from 17000 to 38000 miles on them going for $1200—$1500 more than I’m paying for the 2022…and KBB is tagging those with ’great price!’ So, yeah, msrp has become a pretty good deal, unfortunately.

Also, thanks for the impressions, @mattsSi!
Oh sweet! Congrats!! I agree, I was fine paying MSRP when I was comparing prices with used models.
You're welcome anytime ?
Sponsored

Reactions: mjh

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, '16 ILX
been eyeing this to possibly replace my ilx as the daily due to it looking really subtle. Looks nice.

and of course the canada cars gets the full digital clusterwhile US cars gets the smaller digital dash ...
hopefully the full digital cluster will be added in the mid cycle refresh.

US always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to features on a lot of cars ...

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Thanks for posting your impressions, Matt! Looking forward to hearing more as you get more miles (sorry, kms) on it!

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
been eyeing this to possibly replace my ilx as the daily due to it looking really subtle. Looks nice.

and of course the canada cars gets the full digital clusterwhile US cars gets the smaller digital dash ...

US always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to features on a lot of cars ...
I too am jealous of the Canadian spec, but I've learned on this site that's because Honda Canada bases the Si off the Touring version (and priced above Touring), while USA bases it off the EX (and prices between the EX and Touring). https://www.honda.ca/civic_sedan/trims

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017

Here are the prices I see in Ontario, Canada:
Official Honda Canada Website

- Civic Touring Sedan(CVT): $23,930 USD
- Civic Si: $26,211 USD
Toronto Dealership Website
- Civic Touring Sedan(CVT): $26,069 USD
- Civic Si: $27,966 USD

I believe Canadians pay 13% tax on new cars so a Civic Si might end up costing $31,600 USD before licensing fees.

Last edited:

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Oh man the front license plate should be relocated for a more cleaner look, but that's just me plus coming from someone in alberta where front plates doesn't exist lol

Other than that, congrats!

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I believe Canadians pay 13% tax on new cars so a Civic Si might end up costing $31,600 USD before licensing fees.
Not every Canadian pays 13% tax, each Province is different

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
What’s the engine code on the block?

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Did anyone notice the physical led shift lights on the dash? I like it better than the 10th gen in screen ones, can’t wait to see them all lit up.
Doesn’t look like USA spec gets the physical shift lights, based on a video review i’ve seen. That’s a bummer!

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Doesn’t look like USA spec gets the physical shift lights, based on a video review i’ve seen. That’s a bummer!
Yeah, not sure why there is a night and day difference between the two versions. I'm surprised that the US version even comes with power windows and door locks.

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Yeah, not sure why there is a night and day difference between the two versions. I'm surprised that the US version even comes with power windows and door locks.
LOL. True…

Their Si is a higher trim than Touring. Where ours is between EX and Touring.

What’s also weird is their Sport trim is above EX. Not sure why they do it differently. I just want the heated seats and steering wheel!

Brendan

First Name
PwPSi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Oh sweet! Congrats!! I agree, I was fine paying MSRP when I was comparing prices with used models.
You're welcome anytime ?
Curious if you have anymore thoughts on the Si after having it a few days? I am very curious about the Rev hang which I know you can’t really experience until the car is broken in (pushing it above 4.5k).
Sponsored

Last edited: