• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
is it “nice and engaging” or “ow my spine” kind of stiff? Wonder if this would get tiring for any kind of long commuting
Definitely nice and engaging, not ow my spine lol . Although I'm all honesty I haven't driven this car long enough to know for sure. You feel the bumps, but you're not cringing.
Sponsored

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
Hondata is +34hp and +50lb-ft on the non-Si 1.5t for the 11th gen.

I think it’s very likely they’re going to open the Si up substantially. It’s going to be the best $500 you can spend on this thing.
Yup. My GenX was a 2.0NA so there was nowhere near the drive to get a tuner but now that I have the 22 Touring, it is on the list.

The tuning on the Si is likely going to be straight up silly. Dare I claim that the GenXI Si after full tune and maybe a couple of bolt-ons, could beat the GenX Type R.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has the same gear ratios as the 10th Gen 2020
Does it really? Don't listen to me lol I'm just quoting what people are writing. Have you verified the gear ratios are the same from a reputable source?

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Does it really? Don't listen to me lol I'm just quoting what people are writing. Have you verified the gear ratios are the same from a reputable source?
yes from Hondas website...that was the first thing I compared was the gear ratios and they are the same

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Trust me I'm dying to get to 500 k so I can push it a little. Apparently the gear ratios were changed with 11th grn, you can hit 60 mph in 2nd as opposed to tenth gen you needed third gear. In a couple days I'll know if this is true. Random uneducated guess I'm thinking stock it will do 6.6
Tranny & final drive are the same as the '20 Si. 6500 redline is about 52 mph in 2nd (was about 56 in the earlier Gen X Si).

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
I think a lot of people would agree it's more engaging and fun to have to shift from 1->2->3 down the entrance ramp to get to 60, rather than just holding the car in 2nd all the way to 60+

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes from Hondas website...that was the first thing I compared was the gear ratios and they are the same
Wow! Ok sorry for the misinformation! :/

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Wow! Ok sorry for the misinformation! :/
you're fine, just give the people what they want and take more pics or videos of your car...like what does it like like in sport mode? The gauge cluster?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Interesting that the production model doesn't have that analogue speedo setup we saw in the videos of the release.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you're fine, just give the people what they want and take more pics or videos of your car...like what does it like like in sport mode? The gauge cluster?
[/QUOT