• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I would brother but won't do you guys any justice. Don't have the filming equipment etc..plus I'm still babying it, there's only 300km on it now. Eight days and I'll be watching the driving impressions with you!
If you have a modern smartphone, you could even do a video walk around with that. Maybe include a 4500 rev. Video quality on new iPhones is especially good. Especially if you change it to 4K 60 FPS.

Just an idea if you’re open to the trouble of making one. But definitely understand if that sounds like too
much work lol.
Sponsored

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
The fact people are saying the si is slower.. I was going to trade in my hatchback sport for it. Now debating mk7.5 gti

I'll at least wait for dynos, tuning results vs last gen.
Who’s saying it’s slower? OP said it felt slower… but it’s brand new and not taken past 4500 RPM, so that anecdote shouldn’t be set in stone yet.

Did anyone else mention it feeling slower? I hope it’s not the case. Although it wouldn’t surprise me, considering the normal 1.5T is slower than 10th gen.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
Wondering that too. I was hoping the 300 rpm sooner torque, lighter flywheel, etc would make up for the very slight hp difference, but then I saw that other trims were .5 seconds slower to 60 and that’s just sad. Hopefully not the case with the SI. The 30th can’t come soon enough.

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Wondering that too. I was hoping the 300 rpm sooner torque, lighter flywheel, etc would make up for the very slight hp difference, but then I saw that other trims were .5 seconds slower to 60 and that’s just sad. Hopefully not the case with the SI. The 30th can’t come soon enough.
Yeah it’ll all come down to how much it’s really making to the wheels.

What’s odd is 10th gen 1.5T non-Si makes more to the wheels than the 11th gen equivalent, despite the advertised BHP being lower than 11th gen.

So let’s hope Honda didn’t give the new Si the same treatment the non-Si got. Maybe the lower (200hp) figure is underrated. Please be underrated!

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Frankly, if all it takes to open these new GenXI 1.5T setups is a light tune, then it is going to be a solid full win for the Civic Sedan Touring/Si and Hatches with the 1.5T.

I have no complaints about the pull in my Sedan touring when moving and that is with a CVT. I can't see an Si/manual with a tune to say 200/220 or 220/220+ just making you grin all the time. Especially when we all remember, this is a Civic. The car that was born to beat the EPA by making an engine that could meet the emissions regs WITHOUT a cat. (Come spring, I am getting a tuner for this Civic. No point in the winter and on winters.)
Hondata is +34hp and +50lb-ft on the non-Si 1.5t for the 11th gen.

I think it’s very likely they’re going to open the Si up substantially. It’s going to be the best $500 you can spend on this thing.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Question! How's the road noise and ride quality compare to the old hatch? I currently own a 2021 hatchback but wouldn't mind trading up for the SI
To be honest, the road noise is a little more noticeable than it was in the hatch. The suspension is very stiff-super tight, you do feel everything on the road. But- that's what I like when taking it into the on ramps. There's virtually no body roll. I have a main highway right beside me and I've taken the car out a few times to hit the curve. Feels amazing and hugs well. I'm not pushing it too much as it's °0, no snow tires on yet and still keeping low rpm. The sound and ride doesn't bother me, I actually prefer feeling and hearing the road , but I know some people will want a softer ride. It's obvious it's an Si and not an Accord-let's put it that way.
Adjustable dampers definitely would have been nice but I always drive in sport anyway..

greggogrecco

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
What’s the wheel lug size? Same as the Type R? I love the new SI wheels, I really wouldn’t mind them on my R haha

I can’t wait to see the 11th gen R and see how the Si and R compare to the 10th gens.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have a modern smartphone, you could even do a video walk around with that. Maybe include a 4500 rev. Video quality on new iPhones is especially good. Especially if you change it to 4K 60 FPS.

Just an idea if you’re open to the trouble of making one. But definitely understand if that sounds like too
much work lol.
I’m hoping for at least an under 7s 0-60
Trust me I'm dying to get to 500 k so I can push it a little. Apparently the gear ratios were changed with 11th grn, you can hit 60 mph in 2nd as opposed to tenth gen you needed third gear. In a couple days I'll know if this is true. Random uneducated guess I'm thinking stock it will do 6.6

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s the wheel lug size? Same as the Type R? I love the new SI wheels, I really wouldn’t mind them on my R haha

I can’t wait to see the 11th gen R and see how the Si and R compare to the 10th gens.
Haven't checked lol... I've had my kids since I got the car and I'm alone.. Thier mom is pretty sick. When I get some time I'll try to respond some more

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I'll check it out, my lug nut kit isn't here right now so I'll get back to you when I can.
I absolutely love the Type R. Everytime I see one in gawking- although it's slightly to ricer boy racer look for me (I'm old lol)

greggogrecco

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
I'll check it out, my lug nut kit isn't here right now so I'll get back to you when I can.
I absolutely love the Type R. Everytime I see one in gawking- although it's slightly to ricer boy racer look for me (I'm old lol)

Please keep me posted! If I am not mistaken those wheels are 18s with 235s? I’m not even sure if they will clear Type R Brembos but I am curious because they look very similar to the Yellow LE Type R’s.

I am a fan of the 11th gen R but I love the unique look and aggressiveness of the 10th gen… I am jealous because the 11th gen Honda Sensing technology and cluster looks awesome and I really enjoy that kind of stuff, how is that tech with the Si And the manual transmission?

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
The suspension is very stiff-super tight, you do feel everything on the road.
is it “nice and engaging” or “ow my spine” kind of stiff? Wonder if this would get tiring for any kind of long commuting

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Trust me I'm dying to get to 500 k so I can push it a little. Apparently the gear ratios were changed with 11th grn, you can hit 60 mph in 2nd as opposed to tenth gen you needed third gear. In a couple days I'll know if this is true. Random uneducated guess I'm thinking stock it will do 6.6
Where did you hear about 2nd gear reaching 60 mph? That would be awesome.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you hear about 2nd gear reaching 60 mph? That would be awesome.
It was somewhere in this post on Reddit. Honda pro Jason I think..
Sponsored