• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
It’s way worse than the (also ugly) WRX.

Actually, as a non-Subie-diehard, I don’t even think the new Rex is that bad. It’s bad, to be clear, but I think the terrible angles of the reveal photos and video make it look way worse than reality.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
you're fine, just give the people what they want and take more pics or videos of your car...like what does it like like in sport mode? The gauge cluster?
I'm trying but the site is telling me the files are too large. I'm not a techy..any advice. Either that or it's saying can't upload this type of file
I took a few quick videos but this site won't allow me to upload them. I'm getting two errors, the file type and size of file. I'm not a techie, anyone have advice how to upload these videos from my phone?

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I'm trying but the site is telling me the files are too large. I'm not a techy..any advice. Either that or it's saying can't upload this type of file

I took a few quick videos but this site won't allow me to upload them. I'm getting two errors, the file type and size of file. I'm not a techie, anyone have advice how to upload these videos from my phone?
Making an Instagram account would be a super easy way to upload photos, videos, etc. All we’d need is your username. But as far as uploading on here… hopefully someone else can chime in.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Making an Instagram account would be a super easy way to upload photos, videos, etc. All we’d need is your username. But as far as uploading on here… hopefully someone else can chime in.
Instagram - Matts_si
Terrible videos though sorry guys.. no camera mount :/
Let me know if you want something else

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Haha dude thanks for putting up with all the demands from us silly nerds! :headbang:

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Instagram - Matts_si
Terrible videos though sorry guys.. no camera mount :/
Let me know if you want something else
Perfect. Appreciate the account creation for all of us! The startup chime is really nice.

I want to note that if you’re uploading on Instagram, there’s no need to film in 4K. The app doesn’t support 4K like Youtube does, so filming in 1080p 30fps is all you need for Instagram videos!

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect. Appreciate the account creation for all of us! The startup chime is really nice.

I want to note that if you’re uploading on Instagram, there’s no need to film in 4K. The app doesn’t support 4K like Youtube does, so filming in 1080p 30fps is all you need for Instagram videos!
Of course, no worries! It's been a challenging few days. Want to reply etc but crazy busy!
Oh! Ok lol I'll change recording settings. Thank you

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha dude thanks for putting up with all the demands from us silly nerds! :headbang:
Lol no problem, wish I could do better. If I knew there would be such a demand I would have prepared better and learned how to do this posting stuff ?

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats OP.

A couple points on your driving impressions.

1. The engine is new and not broken in.

2. You're comparing it to a tuned (although mildly) 10th gen.

3. You only revved it to 4500.

I'm certain it will feel faster once more broken in and you push it.
gtman, it sounds like you know what you're talking about, but I've been thinking about this post you made for a couple of days.
Does it require the breaking in of these engines to produce peak torque and hp? When is the break in period accomplished?
I was under the impression the power is available from factory, but it seems you have other wisdom...
Almost at 400km, running 94 octane, and even though I'm not taking past 4500, the car doesn't pull like my '19 hatch did between 1500 and 4500 rmp. Despite the hatch having a +3 Hondata tune, it still didn't have the torque or hp that this Si has.
Yet the hatch pulled harder. With your clear expertise maybe you could explain? ?

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
gtman, it sounds like you know what you're talking about, but I've been thinking about this post you made for a couple of days.
Does it require the breaking in of these engines to produce peak torque and hp? When is the break in period accomplished?
I was under the impression the power is available from factory, but it seems you have other wisdom...
Almost at 400km, running 94 octane, and even though I'm not taking past 4500, the car doesn't pull like my '19 hatch did between 1500 and 4500 rmp. Despite the hatch having a +3 Hondata tune, it still didn't have the torque or hp that this Si has.
Yet the hatch pulled harder. With your clear expertise maybe you could explain? ?
I think it's placebo, the "break in" allows you to forget how hard your previous car pulled. Also, Honda underrated the 10th gen, the hatch made around 190 lb-ft torque to the wheels at stock. The Si makes 192 at the crank, so probably 180-ish at the wheels. So that probably explains why your hatch pulled harder.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's placebo, the "break in" allows you to forget how hard your previous car pulled. Also, Honda underrated the 10th gen, the hatch made around 190 lb-ft torque to the wheels at stock. The Si makes 192 at the crank, so probably 180-ish at the wheels. So that probably explains why your hatch pulled harder.
Ahhh! Makes sense! Thank you ?

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
The 10th gen Si was technically underrated as well, though. Many reports of 200+ hp to the wheels, and 212+ torque to the wheels.

What i’m thinking is the 2022 Si’s ECU is still “breaking in” as it learns OPs driving behavior. Additionally, Honda may have eased up on throttle response compared to last gen.

To add a little perspective: A 2017 2.0 Civic feels very eager to accelerate under half or less throttle input…yet when pedal is to the floor, the car feels like a slug. Whereas my old E46 M3 with 333 hp felt less touchy and eager to accelerate under light throttle input (unless in Sport mode). Yet when you floor that car, it MOVES.

So I am hoping the throttle response is less touchy than 10th gen, and/or the car still needs breaking in. Hopefully the reviews on the 30th can help clear the air here.
Sponsored