• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Picked up my 2023 Si

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 SGP Si
hello y'all,
Our northern(Canada) friends get a better spec Si? seat warmers? digital cluster?
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yes, mine tends to crunch when cold until it gets warmed up a bit. I swapped to AC Delco Syncromesh, but it didn't fix it. I just shift really early into 2nd, or when needing to downshift into 2nd, I will double clutch and that makes it smooth. Mine has 7k miles, but your may just smooth out.
My 09 Si was always notchy at best from the factory. After about 3 years of ownership and living with it (including having the dealership drain and refill with fresh Honda trans oil at about 9k miles), I learned of AMSoil manual trans oil and never looked back. That stuff is soooo much better than the Honda trans oil. It made shifts night and day smoother it was immediately noticeable. I think the Honda trans oil is about the equivalent of AC Delco Sychromesh. AMSoil and Redline (another very popular synthetic trans oil) are MUCH better. Give it a try. I don’t think you’ll have any regrets.

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
900 miles and the car/trans feels great. Seeing 31 mpg with spirited driving on winter blend. I also decided that the car isn't really for me so it is listed for sale. Check classifieds. Figure $33500 is a fair price as I am seeing 2022s in the 34-35 range being advertised. Would like to hear thoughts.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
900 miles and the car/trans feels great. Seeing 31 mpg with spirited driving on winter blend. I also decided that the car isn't really for me so it is listed for sale. Check classifieds. Figure $33500 is a fair price as I am seeing 2022s in the 34-35 range being advertised. Would like to hear thoughts.
Truecar says new Si's are going for $0 to $1000 over MSRP, just for reference.

What didn't you like about it and what's going to replace it?

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
In NY by me generally 5k over and 6 month plus wait times. Carvana and Vroom want 33 plus for 2022s with more miles same for dealers. My main complaint is that the car is slow lol. I can't drive around with 200hp after all even though I told myself it will be fine. I would like to try a newer A10 Mustang haven't had one of those yet.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Truecar says new Si's are going for $0 to $1000 over MSRP, just for reference.

What didn't you like about it and what's going to replace it?
That's what everyone who doesn't want to pay over MSRP for the SI is saying. As Geezer said, used 2022's are selling for 33-35k, haven't seen a used 2023 yet.

I called over 50 dealers in New England looking for a Type R and an SI. I found 1 dealer, 1, and secured my SI with a 6 month wait. Every other dealer ranges between 1-5k on the SI with many more towards the 5k than the 1k. Those are also presold in almost all cases. The dealer I got mine through is a high volume dealer and they saw 2 SI's in all of 2022.

Anyone who finds an SI for MSRP is encouraged to post on these forums, people are looking for them. They aren't easy to come by and are still very uncommon.

213374U

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si; 2000 Land Xruiser
Found mine at a local dealer Tuesday morning, worked out financing over the phone, and signed for it that afternoon for $30K before TTL+Delivery. All said and done I was out the door for $35K with no wait at all. Feel like I won the lotto.

OP
OP
Geezer

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
That's great def not the norm congrats!
Sponsored