Sponsored

Pilot Sport 4S OE vs "Retail" Pricing

WeudS

Senior Member
First Name
Daoud
Joined
Feb 27, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
193
Reaction score
353
Location
MA
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, 2023 MDX Type S
Good Afternoon all!

I'm posting this info as it may not be commonly known and can save people some money who are looking to get these specific tires

For Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires in the 265/30/19 configuration one can expect to pay $355 to $387 per tire on TireRack and similarly with competitors. They have two examples listed with their two listed differences being their countries of origin, the United States and France, along side a difference of tread depth at 9/32 and 9.5/32 respectively. This would run a total anywhere from $1,420 to $1,588 before taxes and associated fees.

Purchasing the OE specification of these tires from a dealer or Honda Parts seller would cost one around $212 per tire. The relevant part number being 42751-MIC-174. I paid $947 after shipping and taxes to my local dealer for a set of 4.

I’m sure some here may have more insight into the differences between OE spec and “retail” spec on the same model of tire but, the purpose of this post is to let potential buyers be aware of the cost difference.
11th Gen Honda Civic Pilot Sport 4S OE vs "Retail" Pricing tire rack
11th Gen Honda Civic Pilot Sport 4S OE vs "Retail" Pricing honda parts
 
Last edited:

svvitch

Senior Member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Jul 6, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
1,536
Reaction score
1,296
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Odyssey
Wow big difference. Now I just need to also get my parts guy to give me the standard 15% off too ?
 
OP
OP
WeudS

WeudS

Senior Member
First Name
Daoud
Joined
Feb 27, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
193
Reaction score
353
Location
MA
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, 2023 MDX Type S
Wow big difference. Now I just need to also get my parts guy to give me the standard 15% off too ?
Unintended consequence is that the oem take offs should be going for much less in the members classified soon enough. ?
 

svvitch

Senior Member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Jul 6, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
1,536
Reaction score
1,296
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Odyssey
Unintended consequence is that the oem take offs should be going for much less in the members classified soon enough. ?
Yea, I keep an eye out as well
 


rBobby

Senior Member
First Name
Ricky
Joined
Jun 25, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
60
Reaction score
28
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Anyone have the OE part number for cup 2s?
 

Robo7

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
272
Reaction score
352
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Wow I had no idea OE tires were a thing! That is a massive savings. Curious if there is an OE tire out there for Pilot Sport 4S in 265/35 R19? I know other car manufacturers use these tires.
 

rBobby

Senior Member
First Name
Ricky
Joined
Jun 25, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
60
Reaction score
28
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Thanks! Not much different than retail for cup 2.
 

jtlctr

Senior Member
First Name
Jake
Joined
May 12, 2024
Threads
16
Messages
711
Reaction score
882
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2008 Acura RDX
Funny, I just noticed this too and was going to post on it. Thank you for the intel!
 


DeVo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2017
Threads
12
Messages
632
Reaction score
401
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
WOW, that's a find! I won't be ordering from Tirerack any more
 

Eiching1

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
15
Reaction score
8
I had an issue some years ago on my wife's CRV. We had to replace one tire. I didn't get it from the dealer, so not OEM. The car kept pulling to one side even though the alignment was fine. Turned out that, and I don't recall which was which, but either the OEM or the replacement had a "P" designation (P-Metric) and the tread was slightly different.
 

tibwolf

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
46
Reaction score
47
Location
MD
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I ordered a single tire from a local dealer when I ate a screw at 1000ish miles. Was significantly cheaper than online as found in this thread. I thought it was a mistake, but the correct tire showed up the next day, so I didn't complain.

The DT1 OE spec might have a shallower tread depth like other OE tires have, resulting in slightly less longevity, but I haven't seen anything concrete for our specific fitment.
 

fenix-silver

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2018
Threads
21
Messages
695
Reaction score
59
Location
Central PA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R; 2019 Si (sold)
I ordered a single tire from a local dealer when I ate a screw at 1000ish miles. Was significantly cheaper than online as found in this thread. I thought it was a mistake, but the correct tire showed up the next day, so I didn't complain.

The DT1 OE spec might have a shallower tread depth like other OE tires have, resulting in slightly less longevity, but I haven't seen anything concrete for our specific fitment.
Tirerack carries both and it shows that the DT1s are .5 mm shallower.
 
 







Top