• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Pipercross Intake

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
About $400 shipped; foam, open-air design - this is a noisemaker, not a power adder IMO. Sounds fantastic - you won't notice it during casual driving (so passes WAF) but adds all the spool and PSSSHH sounds you could ask for.

Install is super easy, 30mins tops. I'll be pulling the heat shield out this weekend once some DEI heat rejecting foil comes which I'll apply to the heat shield.

11th Gen Honda Civic Pipercross Intake Engine Bay.JPEG

Hope you can hear it, in real life it's very noticeable and "just right".
Sponsored

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Man.

I really hate it when I make a mistake, especially with $28 worth of gold foil. I was planning on posting a nice pic of the heat shield all wrapped up but I friggin didn't double check the orientation of my 2nd template and of course did it backwards. I could piece it all together from the wrong piece and scraps but I want this to be as good as I can so I will do it with a single piece properly.

Another piece of 12x24" gold foil ordered... should have this done correctly tomorrow night. Pics to follow.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Man.

I really hate it when I make a mistake, especially with $28 worth of gold foil. I was planning on posting a nice pic of the heat shield all wrapped up but I friggin didn't double check the orientation of my 2nd template and of course did it backwards. I could piece it all together from the wrong piece and scraps but I want this to be as good as I can so I will do it with a single piece properly.

Another piece of 12x24" gold foil ordered... should have this done correctly tomorrow night. Pics to follow.
We’ve all been there, it’s that “ah shit” moment , lol. Funny but not. Can’t wait to see how it comes out.

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
No measurements taken. My hunch is that it doesn't matter in normal use - everything underhood heat soaks eventually (including the OEM box). I think if you were drag racing or doing dyno runs where you idled between pulls it *might* do a little something. FIgured it couldn't hurt to do and adds some bling, y0.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
No measurements taken. My hunch is that it doesn't matter in normal use - everything underhood heat soaks eventually (including the OEM box). I think if you were drag racing or doing dyno runs where you idled between pulls it *might* do a little something. FIgured it couldn't hurt to do and adds some bling, y0.
I got similar intake style the ramair but saw YouTube video with dream automotive at track and it got heat soak.

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I got similar intake style the ramair but saw YouTube video with dream automotive at track and it got heat soak.
Is the heat soak mostly a track related issue ? Do you think you’d be fine just for every day street driving ?

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Is the heat soak mostly a track related issue ? Do you think you’d be fine just for every day street driving ?
I been driving around with about three weeks. I haven’t notice any heat soak but right now SoCal around 55f low and 80fs been in the high. I think the ramair better just because of the price. I don’t regret buying it.

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I been driving around with about three weeks. I haven’t notice any heat soak but right now SoCal around 55f low and 80fs been in the high. I think the ramair better just because of the price. I don’t regret buying it.
I been kind of holding out to see the prl coming out but I know this will be a bit louder being it’s opened . If I was to get it I’d grab the ram air .

Daniel Boffa

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
New Type R owner here. There seems to be conflicting views from what ive read out there so far as to whether a tune is needed or not for the intake. Any issues so far? What are your thoughts?

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
I like it
11th Gen Honda Civic Pipercross Intake 20231113_192857
Sponsored