• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"Pricing and additional details on the 2023 Civic Type R coming this fall."

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Dealers are estimating $40k-42k, i agree w you and thinking closer to high end of the range.
this would be great, i am hoping for under/about 50k + fees in Canada (2020 MY was 46k ish)
Sponsored

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I give it 1k more maybe 39,999. Not sure if that’ll be before or after destination.

With the FK8, Honda was sort of alone in the market towards the end so they were free to raise the price. Initially though Honda had to keep the price manageable because it was competing against the Focus RS. With the new Gen Type R they’ll have to compete with the GR Corolla.

However the GR Corolla having multiple trims gives Toyota the opportunity to have a really “cheap” base trim to grab the price headline while also offering AWD.
I hope this is true but seems too low.. I had read somewhere new Oddysey? or Pilot had MSRP increase of 12% for the latest MY.
CTR might go the same way if not more.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I hope this is true but seems too low.. I had read somewhere new Oddysey? or Pilot had MSRP increase of 12% for the latest MY.
CTR might go the same way if not more.
Yeah it was the Oddysey. I’m pretty sure that’s a different case. They sorta discontinued the base model Oddysey and so now the “mid” grade trim is technically the base

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I hope the gauge cluster comes with some unique configuration. I have a feeling it will basically be exactly the same as the sport, but with red accents, but I think it’d be cool if they did an s2000 bar tach in R+ mode or something unique like that.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Boy, the US really will be the last to the show.

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Thanks to the CGR whomever release the price first the other will be cheaper. The WRX lower Msrp may also helps unlike the C8 Z06 where they screwed the expectations and placed a six figure Msrp since other mid engine comparison consist of super cars.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks to the CGR whomever release the price first the other will be cheaper. The WRX lower Msrp may also helps unlike the C8 Z06 where they screwed the expectations and placed a six figure Msrp since other mid engine comparison consist of super cars.
I though the GR Corolla was expected to be mid $30k range, not $40k+ like the Type R is expected to be?

skeg808

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, GR86
Order placed.

Still don’t know if I made it into the first block of orders but the dealer said the system was super slow so it sounds like there was a lot of orders going in at the same time.
11th Gen Honda Civic "Pricing and additional details on the 2023 Civic Type R coming this fall." 73BD7C09-D6EF-44AE-B90D-BFDDFF804BD5

that is about as official as you are going to get on Japanese pricing.
4,997,300 for the car
5,510,655 after taxes and whatever else they made me put on.

I was able to go through all the dealer notes and the iPad app they have with all the details.

They have everything you could want to know about the car all in there. Everything was watermarked so I can’t post anything except this:
11th Gen Honda Civic "Pricing and additional details on the 2023 Civic Type R coming this fall." 1FACF62F-6D63-40AA-B371-7791E8C2C417

That should clarify the power numbers for everyone (at least JDM ones)

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
That’s awesome. If it is 325hp, and they even have it on sales material, wonder why they wouldn’t just release that.

skeg808

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, GR86
That’s awesome. If it is 325hp, and they even have it on sales material, wonder why they wouldn’t just release that.
This was a sneaky snapshot of the dealers sales handbook. But its exactly the image they would have in a catalog so I have no idea why they dont just release the numbers...

I dont know what the FK8 numbers were but its possible USDM power will be slightly lower than just converting 330ps since the fuel and emisions regulations are quite different between US and Japan.

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
330ps = 325.49 hp, 420Nm=309.78 ftlb, similar p/w ratio to FK8 i think?

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Wth, how long is this going to drag out..
Werd... this is so anti-climactic at this point.

They take the camo off a car that has been running around in plain sight for the past 10 months, and then don't tell us the price, specs, or even what kind of dampers it has. Not to mention they are sitting on the NĂĽrburgring time... come on Honda, just tell us already!

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
I was able to go through all the dealer notes and the iPad app they have with all the details.

They have everything you could want to know about the car all in there. Everything was watermarked so I can’t post anything except this:
1FACF62F-6D63-40AA-B371-7791E8C2C417.jpeg

That should clarify the power numbers for everyone (at least JDM ones)
Thanks for the information! Basically whatever region you are in it's +10PS (9.86bhp so no conversion needed at this low of a number) on the FK8. Basically a number that most sane people were looking at. ~316hp for the US, ~326hp for Europe & Japan. Assuming the number lifted from the door plate is right on the prototype the FL5 is +90 lbs on the FK8. In the US that amounts to 10.20lbs/hp for the FK8 and on the FL5 10.16lbs/hp. Basically no difference so assume the acceleration is going to be the same (with the same tires) and any faster times are coming primarily from the stickier stock tires + some suspension revisions.
Sponsored