• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Unless you sink the car under water it will cause no issues.
Not to beat a dead horse on this, but to 2nd this statement, you need to submerge the filter to water log the car. In the PRL setup, that means not just 18" of water, because your intake would just pull from the grille instead. And honestly, that straight shot from the grille is likely to collect more debris than the tubing leading into the fender well just because of the routing.

As for the M2, LOL, I would be more worried about heat soak and dirty filters. Water shouldn't really be an issue, the oiled filter should mostly repel most of the water and air pathways and heat should keep them relatively dry. Theoretically :)

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Not to beat a dead horse on this, but to 2nd this statement, you need to submerge the filter to water log the car. In the PRL setup, that means not just 18" of water, because your intake would just pull from the grille instead. And honestly, that straight shot from the grille is likely to collect more debris than the tubing leading into the fender well just because of the routing.

As for the M2, LOL, I would be more worried about heat soak and dirty filters. Water shouldn't really be an issue, the oiled filter should mostly repel most of the water and air pathways and heat should keep them relatively dry. Theoretically :)
Correct it moves so much air that it will even dry quickly. I’m not scared of low intakes, my srt4 had one all the way down into the wheel well and 0 issues. As long as you use common sense it should not be a problem.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
If it's anything like the Si version you don't have to worry about water, even with the lower piece, since it also draws from the stock location.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Is there a ramair style gain on the current design? Would the lower cause us to lose this function?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Here's what the intake looks like on the Si. It draws from the stock bumper inlet and I have the optional cold air attachment that goes underneath and pulls from the wheel well, but I also removed the foglight cover and put some mesh over the hole to get more air. You guys don't have that so I'm guessing it will pull from the side vents as well.
11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports 2023+ Honda Civic Type-R FL5 High Volume Intake System Product Development 1708012612265

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Is there a ramair style gain on the current design? Would the lower cause us to lose this function?
The ram air effect from the stock setup is marginal at best the stock Flap behind the grill is very small. Once the turbo is spooled up it will create enough suction to bring the air in from all directions since it will create a lower pressure area. I’m having 0 issues with the stock box but you never say no to more flow.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
@PRL Motorsports Can you please confirm if the coupler piece will be available to order during preorder for the fitment of your Titanium Inlet Pipe. Right now, the only info that's out is the HVI will only work with OEM/stock inlet pipe. What about all of us who have your titanium inlet pipe and need proper fitment for the HVI. We have only seen we will need a different coupler.

Will that be available day of preorder as well and how much?

Thanks!
We will have the coupler available to the inlet pipe upon release for those who already have our inlet pipe. Reach out to our sales team for more information!

For those who do not have the inlet pipe already, you can get the HVI, & the inlet pipe to HVI (PRL-FL5-INT-TIP-HVI) & be good to go!

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Will you need an upgraded MAF sensor like the FK8?

Hudds1089

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Yeah, I'm at work right now. It's a big blue box I can't try and post a pic later. I wasn't able to post any images of the exhaust I just installed, but I'll try. I believe someone had a YouTube short and had a slight unboxing.
Sponsored