• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Proper Wash & Detail for the FL5 Type R? Yes Please! ✨

jinnrice

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic type R champion white
Curiously do u guys ask the dealers to leave the stickers and tape on the car when delivered? In 2017 when I was taking delivery of my fk8 I told them to leave the tape and stickers on. Didn’t even want them to touch it. I drove home and detailed myself. Then took to a shop to get expel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Curiously do u guys ask the dealers to leave the stickers and tape on the car when delivered? In 2017 when I was taking delivery of my fk8 I told them to leave the tape and stickers on. Didn’t even want them to touch it. I drove home and detailed myself. Then took to a shop to get expel.
Depends on the dealer whether they will do this or not; most prefer to do this as part of their PDI.
That said, dealers are aware this is a special car and will incur special circumstances. Can't hurt to ask. 👍

OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Was filling up the air diffuser at home one day, then it hit me...why not use this for the interior of the car? Never went back.

Grab a few bottles of orange & lemon essential oil, 10-20 drops on a clean microfiber cloth, soak with water and squeeze to distribute through. Detail away! Orange oils work great on leather and smell is 100% the real deal. When your car heats up, fresh oils will continue to release into the cabin.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PHVXISS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
https://www.amazon.com/Lemon-Large-...sun+essential+oil+lemon&qid=1661884347&sr=8-5

Last edited:
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (Sonic Grey Pearl)
Morning gents ☕

Friendly reminder to ask your dealer not to drill on the front plate on your fl5
Factssss, I wish I could have done this for my FK8 but NJ is very annoying about not having front plates

OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Friendly PSA to keep your microfibers washed and clean. ✨

Oh and for others in areas with hard water, and when stubborn water spots eventually begin to appear, vinegar is a good option. If that doesn't work, have had great experience with Meguire's Ultimate Compound. Use with clean polishing pads.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G17216-Ultimate-Compound-15-2/dp/B001O7PNNM
Sponsored