• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
I have literally no noise with mine, but my local dealership ordered the required parts this morning with me just providing my VIN over the phone. He said he expects the parts to arrive tomorrow.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yea he said that what needs to happen...I said there is a standing recall tho? I've even offered my Vin, which he never asked...and still don't have. Should I bail on this dealer? It had pretty good review...this is honda of Milpitas
Seems like they’re uninterested in helping you, to make you jump thru unnecessary hoops and not even check your VIN. I’d go somewhere else.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Seems like they’re uninterested in helping you, to make you jump thru unnecessary hoops and not even check your VIN. I’d go somewhere else.
Or maybe some sort of internal protocol...but I definitely ain't leaving my car, tho.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Im scheduled to get this done tomorrow. Could you show me what areas you are talking about? I don't understand what you are saying
I've attached one of the spots, but it's hard to show the depth of the damage on my phone. There are other scuffs up the side of this particular panel. I took it back today and they are going to repair it with an upholster vendor that can fix plastic tomorrow. Not sure why they aren't replacing this panel (I believe it's normal Civic and not Type R specific), maybe due to part availability, but I'm giving them a chance. They were very receptive and nice about the whole thing.

11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) 20230502_130431

branz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Had mine done yesterday. Took about 4 hours. Seat is absolutely more rigid now.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I've attached one of the spots, but it's hard to show the depth of the damage on my phone. There are other scuffs up the side of this particular panel. I took it back today and they are going to repair it with an upholster vendor that can fix plastic tomorrow. Not sure why they aren't replacing this panel (I believe it's normal Civic and not Type R specific), maybe due to part availability, but I'm giving them a chance. They were very receptive and nice about the whole thing.

20230502_130431.jpg
Thanks! Hopefully thats the only spot that got scuffed.

Im starting to notice my seat creaking a bit now

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Acura RSX Type-S w/ K20A Type R Motor

20230502_130431.jpg

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

20230502_130431.jpg
I just took mine in yesterday to get repaired and received one or two scuffs similar to these on a plastic panel. It’s not that bad and if you had not said something I would not have thought twice about it. Those scuffs end up occurring no matter what over time. I noticed maybe two small fingerprint indentations on my Alcantara near my headrest, but it is so almost unnoticeable. They took great care of my car and tiny little things will occur. As long as they didn’t get a bunch of oil, scuffs, or very noticeable damage to the seats or anything else.

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

20230502_130431.jpg
I let an old not friend anymore use my DC5 once in 2010 and he had smoked and burned holes in my brand new red Recaro type R seats.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
I just took mine in yesterday to get repaired and received one or two scuffs similar to these on a plastic panel. It’s not that bad and if you had not said something I would not have thought twice about it. Those scuffs end up occurring no matter what over time. I noticed maybe two small fingerprint indentations on my Alcantara near my headrest, but it is so almost unnoticeable. They took great care of my car and tiny little things will occur. As long as they didn’t get a bunch of oil, scuffs, or very noticeable damage to the seats or anything else.
I don't get scuffs there (especially that place), but I grew up getting out of lots of low-slung cars and plenty of roll bars, so it's habit with my legs now lol. I was more "let down" that it wasn't me who caused it and that it happened while trying to get the car repaired. I can't blame the tech for trying to hurry since they don't get paid for the recall work. Either way, they made it right and repaired the all the gouges. So far, it looks good, with the only downside being the strong smell of the dye, which I smelled the entire hour ride home and will dissipate soon....hopefully....I now know what color the number 4 tastes like.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Or maybe some sort of internal protocol...but I definitely ain't leaving my car, tho.
It could also be an excuse for them to DRIVE the car... or as an excuse as to why it has to sit there for a longer time while they wait for a slot to work on it.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Took my CTR in for the recall this morning at 0700. Followed recommendation to give Service Tech a gift card for dinner at “The Cheesecake Factory” given comments about them sometimes getting screwed on billable hours. The job took 2.4 hrs. It was the first such repair performed by the dealership. The Tech said he could probably complete the next one in half the time. Inspection before leaving revealed no scratches to the side molding etc. Guess I was lucky in getting a Master Technician and/or the gift card helped towards a professional installation. The seat is significantly more stable, solid feeling, easier to adjust, and totally quiet. Adjustments (back-and-forth & up-and-down) are more precise, and noticeably more so than the passenger’s side, which lacks the height adjustment. All-in-all, a great repair.

Some of you may recall that i had talked about my concerns with the driver's seat adjustment when i sat in a CTR at a different dealership before mine was delivered. I had put a deposit on one in summer 2022, but i had never actually seen one in person. Another dealer got one first, but they were asking a high ADM and it was just sitting on the showroom floor...so i went to see it.

I freaked out a bit because i'm short, and when i sat in the driver's seat, i couldn't raise it high enough to use comfortably. It didn't make sense that it was that bad, so i was hoping it was a quirk. But, i was very worried that i was going to have to use a boost pillow or something to be high enough to drive it (the dealer offered to throw in a boost pillow in the deal if i would buy it :rolleyes:)

But, when my own CTR finally came in mid-feb 2023 -- VIN in the 800s -- the seat was okay. So, i'm thinking the problem i had with the seat being too low in that early car may have been related to the problem as well.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
It could also be an excuse for them to DRIVE the car... or as an excuse as to why it has to sit there for a longer time while they wait for a slot to work on it.
I don't know what it is exactly, but I am kinka sketched out about it.:hmm:
So I did reached out to my local (SF Honda) dealer, they immediately said what y'all said, I'll order the parts, and it be about 4 hours. No funny business, and he said he can take me in first thing in the morning as parts are out of a "local" warehouse. But I've pushed till Monday, since I'ma gona try to get into Yosemite valley tomorrow and Friday to check out the falls 🤞
Sponsored