• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
is the second link working with sound ?
I think there is a sound symbol you have to hit in the top right corner.
Can you hear me now ?🤣
I thoroughly enjoyed the video and sound was good! This is the reason why I love driving my TRX. The supercharger whine gets me every time.

So yeah second video is working.

No back on topic, I am brainstorming on ways to control heat a little better on the intake side.

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I thoroughly enjoyed the video and sound was good! This is the reason why I love driving my TRX. The supercharger whine gets me every time.
Cool Brother!
love the TRX to its a real animal !!!!
Yeah there is nothing like that Supercharger whine. Imo those sound even better then turbos hands down .

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R

So yeah second video is working.

No back on topic, I am brainstorming on ways to control heat a little better on the intake side.
I wouldn’t Stress over it honda did a good job but yes there is always room for improvement in the aftermarket world this is why they are still here ;)

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I wouldn’t Stress over it honda did a good job but yes there is always room for improvement in the aftermarket world this is why they are still here ;)
Nothing is perfect that is for sure, always room for improvement.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
tremec is great, but the M2 is more fun to drive. You made the right decision. The 2016 GT350 burned oil like no other. I know a ton of guys who had whole motors replaced in the Shelby's.
Yeah this is my current dilemma right now. I went in blind when I got my GT350 and got sucked into the hype. Ownership experience has been really frustrating for me and ever since I got my CTR its just been collecting dust. The first 2 years experience has been a night and day experience, the only time I ever opened up the hood on my CTR was because I just wanted to see the engine. I pop the hood regularly so many times on my GT350 that I lost count lol.

Kills me because I've always wanted to get a Shelby. Really considering just selling it and maybe getting a Supra, I just want something that can be pushed hard on the track and not fall apart.

realtorhoff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 SGP FL5
Yeah this is my current dilemma right now. I went in blind when I got my GT350 and got sucked into the hype. Ownership experience has been really frustrating for me and ever since I got my CTR its just been collecting dust. The first 2 years experience has been a night and day experience, the only time I ever opened up the hood on my CTR was because I just wanted to see the engine. I pop the hood regularly so many times on my GT350 that I lost count lol.

Kills me because I've always wanted to get a Shelby. Really considering just selling it and maybe getting a Supra, I just want something that can be pushed hard on the track and not fall apart.
I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with the Shelby. I absolutely loved my Mustang. I would recommend trading it in and getting a Mach 1 and putting a Whipple on it. The Mach 1 has the 5.0 motor and it’s bulletproof! You still get a Tremec and the whipple can be pushed all day!

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR

Looks like the Supra with turbo will also overheat at the track. Get a GR86 or Miata for the track.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Looks like the Supra with turbo will also overheat at the track. Get a GR86 or Miata for the track.
I've heard from a lot of people that it doesn't overheat, only reduces power. I'll get more serious about what to do next year but I am considering a GR86 from advice that was given to me

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I've heard from a lot of people that it doesn't overheat, only reduces power. I'll get more serious about what to do next year but I am considering a GR86 from advice that was given to me
Overheating to me is either limp mode/reduce power. NA is just going to let you enjoy the 20/30 min session without overheating.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Overheating to me is either limp mode/reduce power. NA is just going to let you enjoy the 20/30 min session without overheating.
I've heard alot of people also recommend the C7 GS, would that be a good choice as well? Im not familiar with the Corvettes

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I've heard alot of people also recommend the C7 GS, would that be a good choice as well? Im not familiar with the Corvettes
I’m not familiar with the Corvettes either. But I’m positive a guy that I track with at Watkins Glen used to have one. Every now and then, he would complain that it would throw codes/lights because of the nannies. I think he got tired of it and traded in for a GT4.
Sponsored