• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Remark Stainless exhaust?

TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
I recently got an FL5 and now I’m looking for an exhaust.

I had a 2019 FK8 that drove for 3 years then sold during the pandemic. I had an HKS spec L on the FK8 and I loved it.

The remark sounds pretty good in the videos I have seen and the price seems great compared to the competitors. I can only find 2 videos. In the factory video it sounds a little dull, but the in the video made by the guy in Texas it sounds amazing.

I really like the sound of the HKS legamax but don’t love the looks or the price. Seems crazy that I paid about $1200 for spec L in 2019 and now the Legamax is $2400.
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I really like the sound of the HKS legamax but don’t love the looks or the price. Seems crazy that I paid about $1200 for spec L in 2019 and now the Legamax is $2400.
Don't waste too much time comparing FK8 and FL5 exhaust prices--I don't believe the FK8 had a valved exhaust, but many of today's pricier options are valved.

@Unity Performance gave a very nice price comparison breakdown here: https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...for-fl5-civic-type-r.53168/page-2#post-883911

I'm using their MBRP exhaust and have been very pleased, but agree that Remark sounds great.... not sure it's an "extra $900+"-level great, if you know what I mean.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Don't waste too much time comparing FK8 and FL5 exhaust prices--I don't believe the FK8 had a valved exhaust, but many of today's pricier options are valved.

@Unity Performance gave a very nice price comparison breakdown here: https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...for-fl5-civic-type-r.53168/page-2#post-883911

I'm using their MBRP exhaust and have been very pleased, but agree that Remark sounds great.... not sure it's an "extra $900+"-level great, if you know what I mean.
The remark he was talking about was the stainless version I thin which comes about $400 cheaper than the MBRP.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR

the HKS for the FK8 was not valved and neither is the FL5 one but yet it went up over $1k bucks. And they are insanely similar, kinda sucks.

OP
OP

TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Yeah, I was referring to the stainless version. From the videos it sounds pretty similar to the TI version. I want something pretty mild. I emailed HKS a few days ago about an FL5 version of the spec L but didn’t receive a reply. The TI remark seems to have minimal drone, a huge plus for me. The TI is about twice the cost of the stainless version or about $100 a pound of weight savings. Not sure it’s worth it for me.

OP
OP

TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
the HKS for the FK8 was not valved and neither is the FL5 one but yet it went up over $1k bucks. And they are insanely similar, kinda sucks.
Exactly my thoughts. Even the Remark, which looks like great deal is almost exactly a copy of their Exhaust for the regular civic and twice the price. Type R tax. Annoying

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Yeah, I was referring to the stainless version. From the videos it sounds pretty similar to the TI version. I want something pretty mild. I emailed HKS a few days ago about an FL5 version of the spec L but didn’t receive a reply. The TI remark seems to have minimal drone, a huge plus for me. The TI is about twice the cost of the stainless version or about $100 a pound of weight savings. Not sure it’s worth it for me.
Let us know if you get a reply from HKS - I had a Spec L on my S2000 and it was perfect.

OP
OP

TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Will do. To my ears the Remark in stainless sounds pretty similar to the legamax, maybe a bit louder.

i did get an interesting response from Remark. I was on the chat on their website. I asked about a three tip version. They told me a three tip version with a valve was coming in the next few months. They said it was a bit quieter withe valve closed but louder than their current stuff with the valve open. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot of the chat and now it’s gone.
Let us know if you get a reply from HKS - I had a Spec L on my S2000 and it was perfect.

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838

I daily drive my car with the Remark Ti, it does not drone. It is the best of both worlds really. When you're crusing at low load, it can be very quiet. But when you get on it, it really wakes up and sounds great! You also get a nice turbo spool whine like on Diesel trucks. I love that sound! I don't know how similar the Stainless version is, but I would expect it not to be far off. The Ti is pricey, but it's also a 20+ lb weight savings and it's absolutely beautiful in both materials and craftsmanship!

Last edited:
OP
OP

TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
The Ti Remark is definitely a contender for me. The price is higher than I wanted to spend but it seems justified due to weight savings and superior build. I would prefer larger tips but I guess that would only add unnecessary weight. Has anyone ever polished off the blue at the ends of the tips? Not really my style but they do fit in better with a full TI exhaust.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I daily drive my car with the Remark Ti, it does not drone. It is the best of both worlds really. When you're crusing at low load, it can be very quiet. But when you get on it, it really wakes up and sounds great! You also get a nice turbo spool whine like on Diesel trucks. I love that sound! I don't know how similar the Stainless version is, but I would expect it not to be far off. The Ti is pricey, but it's also a 20+ lb weight savings and it's absolutely beautiful in both materials and craftsmanship!
It's actually just under 20 lbs. and even less with the stainless front pipe Remark is using due to the Ti front pipe failures. In reality it's likely ~16 lbs. in weight savings all told.

OP
OP

TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
And according to Remark the stainless is already 6 pounds lighter than stock. So the weight loss is a tough sell for $1300 more than the stainless. It does look cool though.

julianobl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 - Sonic Grey
It's actually just under 20 lbs. and even less with the stainless front pipe Remark is using due to the Ti front pipe failures. In reality it's likely ~16 lbs. in weight savings all told.
It is 19.8 lbs lighter with the SS front pipe
It was 23-24lbs lighter with the Ti front pipe.

11th Gen Honda Civic Remark Stainless exhaust? IMG_4031
Sponsored