• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car?

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
show me where…

Do I have to call 100 dealerships and beg them for $60k? - Because I only have to call one to get G80 at MSRP.

…and what is “waaay” less in your book? - $5k?
…and what “goodies”? - Be specific. Don’t throw blanket statements around. Let’s hear it.

Any Type R selling close to $70k will be close to $80k OTD.
Exactly where are you getting the ADM pricing of $26,000 over MSRP for all FL5 cars?

Obviously you have made no effort in order to understand where the real market pricing is for the FL5.

Owned a number of M3's coupes, convertibles, M roadsters and it did not take long to move away from the BMW brand after those automotive experiences.

Fill your boots with those automatic transmissions Bimmers as the driving engagement certainly gets boring very fast when paddle shifting all day long.
Sponsored

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
Is the rollout a disappointment? Are ADMs annoying? Sure, but it has not swayed my desire to purchase the car. It’s worth what people are willing to pay so I don’t blame dealerships for charging a premium.

I understand everyones perspective will be different based on their current life situation. My dream car is a RS7 but I am not in the position to purchase one. Thankfully I have the means to pay a premium for an FL5 so I will patiently wait for my vehicle to arrive and happily pay the ADM.

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
….also there are plenty of dealers with a $10k ADM that are not pushing ridiculous accessories with insane markups. Just stay away from the west coast!

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
2020 red FK8 with 15-20k miles sold for $52k this summer at one of my local dealers. INSANITY.
Well the reports then of people taking out crazy loans like they did in 2007-2008 aren’t wrong then 😂

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Exactly where are you getting the ADM pricing of $26,000 over MSRP for all FL5 cars?

Obviously you have made no effort in order to understand where the real market pricing is for the FL5.

Owned a number of M3's coupes, convertibles, M roadsters and it did not take long to move away from the BMW brand after those automotive experiences.

Fill your boots with those automatic transmissions Bimmers as the driving engagement certainly gets boring very fast when paddle shifting all day long.
If by putting in effort you mean spending countless hours calling dealerships throughout the US, then no, I haven’t put in that much effort and won’t because if I did, then I could probably end up with the M2 or M3 under MSRP.

But $26k isn’t the number that matters. Even at $60k (with $16k ADM), the Type R is still M2 money, which I‘m also considering at this price point.

And what automatic transmissions are you referring to exactly?

Last I checked, BMW offers more manual transmission cars than Honda does at the moment. Only the Civic comes with a manual whereas BMW still offers it in three cars.

So with your line of reasoning, Honda must be more boring.

Last edited:

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting that you are referring to a 2023 BMW M2 that won't even be released for another 6 to 7 months (April 2023) and are already talking about purchasing this example for under MSRP which by the way has a base price of over $63,000 and once optioned out will be much closer to $70,000 and probably more.

With respect to purchasing a new FL5, there are many Honda dealerships offering these vehicles at well less than $60k despite your ignorance and total lack of effort.

Regarding manual transmissions, Honda and Acura presently offer two models that come with 6-speed manual transmissions and not one that you mentioned.

Suggest that you head to a BMW dealership and offer them a deposit on a 2023 BMW M2 at below MSRP and tell me how that all went!

I have owned numerous M cars and have taken delivery of those examples at the Greer, S.C. assembly plant therefore certainly know how negotiations go with BMW and their M cars and under MSRP is not in their vocabulary for those particular models.

Keep dreaming and hope that you finally wake up and face reality that a 2023 BMW M2 will not be bought for less than MSRP and will be much closer to the $70K mark despite your delusional thinking.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Interesting that you are referring to a 2023 BMW M2 that won't even be released for another 6 to 7 months (April 2023) and are already talking about purchasing this example for under MSRP which by the way has a base price of over $63,000 and once optioned out will be much closer to $70,000 and probably more.

With respect to purchasing a new FL5, there are many Honda dealerships offering these vehicles at well less than $60k despite your ignorance and total lack of effort.

Regarding manual transmissions, Honda and Acura presently offer two models that come with 6-speed manual transmissions and not one that you mentioned.

Suggest that you head to a BMW dealership and offer them a deposit on a 2023 BMW M2 at below MSRP and tell me how that all went!

I have owned numerous M cars and have taken delivery of those examples at the Greer, S.C. assembly plant therefore certainly know how negotiations go with BMW and their M cars and under MSRP is not in their vocabulary for those particular models.

Keep dreaming and hope that you finally wake up and face reality that a 2023 BMW M2 will not be bought for less than MSRP and will be much closer to the $70K mark despite your delusional thinking.
Talk about ignorance. Spoken like someone who’s never owned an M car. And if you did, then you’re clearly a sheep who got suckered into one at over MSRP.

That or you didn’t try hard enough because I bought all my M cars well under MSRP new, including my 2021 M2C, which I got at 9% off MSRP.

You’re misinformed enough to not know that dealer talks of new M2 deposits are well under way and so are the discussions revolving around MSRP. Folks have been doing that ever since the car debuted last month. If you have a good relationship with your BMW SA, it’s not difficult at all to score these cars at MSRP and even negotiate less than that. The G80 M3 could be had for MSRP ever since it came out. The only caveat was that you had to wait 3-6 months for delivery. My SA is able to get me the new M2 at MSRP and not just because I bought one from her already.

BTW, Honda currently only offers the Civic with a manual transmission. So I don’t know what you’re smoking. It’s comical for you to cherry-pick an Acura here, but even then it’s only two cars.

BMW M2, M3, and M4 are all offered as a manual. So there you have it. You’re clearly misinformed.

As for M2 pricing, it keeps changing just like the G80 M3, which was approaching $74k last month and now it’s $72,800.

And no, the new M2 wouldn’t cost me $70k because I would buy the base model with no options. That still gets me RWD with a manual and 450 hp, which is all I care about.

Your cherry-picked, naive statements help absolutely nobody in this thread. Are you here to discourage folks from purchasing something else at or near the same price point? What exactly is your mission?

Last edited:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The East Coast rollout has been disappointing, but it literally was outside of Honda's control. Honda has taken steps to mitigate or minimize these issues (like buying Hansen the transport company that trucks most Hondas on the East Coast,) but anyone that works logistics knows that these types of issues will never be resolved over-night, it is physically impossible to do so.

I understand the dampening of everyone's excitement, but I guarantee that excitement will come right back once the first few East Coast deliveries take place.

I see a lot of M car this, Cadillac Blackwing that, Golf R here and GR86 there popping up but the point remains, you're doing so from a Civic forum. If you really wanted any of those cars you would have bought them already. Especially since they can be had at MSRP a lot easier than the CTR at the moment.

Until one of you guys jumps ship and gets something else, the FL5 CTR>>>>>>

Last edited:

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talk about ignorance. Spoken like someone who’s never owned an M car. And if you did, then you’re clearly a sheep who got suckered into one at over MSRP.

That or you didn’t try hard enough because I bought all my M cars well under MSRP new, including my 2021 M2C, which I got at 9% off MSRP.

You’re misinformed enough to not know that dealer talks of new M2 deposits are well under way and so are the discussions revolving around MSRP. Folks have been doing that ever since the car debuted last month. If you have a good relationship with your BMW SA, it’s not difficult at all to score these cars at MSRP and even negotiate less than that. The G80 M3 could be had for MSRP ever since it came out. The only caveat was that you had to wait 3-6 months for delivery. My SA is able to get me the new M2 at MSRP and not just because I bought one from her already.

BTW, Honda currently only offers the Civic with a manual transmission. So I don’t know what you’re smoking. It’s comical for you to cherry-pick an Acura here, but even then it’s only two cars.

BMW M2, M3, and M4 are all offered as a manual. So there you have it. You’re clearly misinformed.

As for M2 pricing, it keeps changing just like the G80 M3, which was approaching $74k last month and now it’s $72,800.

And no, the new M2 wouldn’t cost me $70k because I would buy the base model with no options. That still gets me RWD with a manual and 450 hp, which is all I care about.

Your cherry-picked, naive statements help absolutely nobody in this thread. Are you here to discourage folks from purchasing something else at or near the same price point? What exactly is your mission?
I find it interesting that you would try to compare all the virtues of a 2023 M2 that is clearly in a different price class, appeals to a somewhat different set of automotive enthusiasts and has an MSRP of ~$20,000 more than the 2023 CTR.

After having experienced the infamous rod bearing issues that plagued BMW for years and could never seem to get rid of on the E46 and E90, throttle actuator issues, transmissions issues, electronic issues and paint issues it was time for me to move on and give up on the BMW brand.

Hung out with a number of other BMW enthusiasts during those times and after a couple of years and also experiencing subsequent realiability issues they all moved on as well.

One of the other concerning issues with the M cars was that they depreciate quickly which is obviously a concern for all of us enthusiasts but is certainly not the case with the 1st generation FK8 and suggest that the new FL5 will also do very well in that area also.

Some 5 years ago I purchased a 2018 Rallye Red CTR and drove that example for a year before being transferred out West and decided to sell it back to the original Honda dealership before moving out West and got back pretty much what I originally paid for that vehicle which is certainly not anything that an M model could attain or hardly any other automotive brand for that matter.

Having previously owned a few M cars and also a 1st generation CTR, it was an easy decision to choose a 2nd generation CTR over many other brand of vehicles including an M car based on reliability, resale value and dealer price point.

We all understand your big concern with respect to ADM's for the CTR therefore suggest that you either suck it up and go make your best deal on a 2023 CTR or move on to a 2023 M2 that you can purchase for well less than MSRP.

Seems to be a pretty easy decision from my standpoint and wish you good luck going forward.
Sponsored