Sponsored

SBX Bumper concept- Input needed from community

OP
OP
SBX Performance

SBX Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 29, 2025
Threads
36
Messages
368
Reaction score
572
Location
Poughkeepsie
Website
www.sbxperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Late to the party here.
Man, this project looks pretty awesome!
Too bad you couldn't make it look more 2026 BMW M2.
Just joking. That render was hilarious though, although a bit too, how do you say... uncanny valley?

Two points of opinion here from me, including very much personal visual bias:

#1) I'm from the 70's and 80's, so I personally think that any sort of Add-On fog and/or rally type lights should always be round, and never stripe nor square... and also amber, and never white.
All Wranglers with rectangle LED light bars are for the gheys. Facts.

#2) I feel like your front lip is just a bit too tall, square, and/or thiccc. Have you looked at Noblesse for ideas on the FL5 front lip? That's the one I have planned on ordering from BlackHawkJapan and just haven't gotten around to it yet. It sits a bit closer and higher to the grille than many of the other splitters out there.


Of course y'all know me. I'm always looking for more ground clearance, not less.

Great looking project, brother.

In the end, to quote Obi Wan:
"You must do what you feel is right, of course."
always appreciate input... The fog lights are round though LOL its the OEM JDM Honda fog lights. yellow or blue color they have. the bracket is being built now thats why they are not in the photos. This is just the concept bumper. things can be adjusted but i like ti how it sits tbh. Modular design is the key with the focus being on the oil coolers. I want to extend the front lipe more actually. Also the front lip will eventually be removable so u can do whatever you want. Thank you!!
Sponsored

 

blueroadster

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
706
Reaction score
1,023
Location
MD
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2026 Passport TSE, 2026 Pilot BE, 1964 Impala SS
bumper is done thats it! there was no change to the brake ducts


The side ducts aren’t intended for the intercooler and the OEM brake ducts aren’t being changed. The brake duct location stays exactly where Honda designed it. These are separate functional openings FOR OIL COOLER thats the main concept, and the bumper design is already set. Thatsall I care about is flow to my oil cooler not some small duct like I have nowto itThe side ducts are being refined now, but they’re not being moved into the brake duct/intercooler area that would disconnect my main focus of oil coolers. the ducts are exactly where the oil coolers sit. some sit high in the second duct like HKS and some sit lower in the bottom duct. Thats all i care about is theoil coolers. Fog lightsnext

FB10947- 5.5.webp


FB10947 -5.7.webp
Cool...I get it. With the primer on the bumper one can better see the design and I really like it better now. Two questions though:
  1. Where is the incoming air from the new side ducts going to exit?
  2. For the intercooler intake rectangle area, is the bumper catered to mate up different aftermarket intercoolers? For example, some of them sit further back or further forward than the OEM intercooler.
 
OP
OP
SBX Performance

SBX Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 29, 2025
Threads
36
Messages
368
Reaction score
572
Location
Poughkeepsie
Website
www.sbxperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
The
Cool...I get it. With the primer on the bumper one can better see the design and I really like it better now. Two questions though:
  1. Where is the incoming air from the new side ducts going to exit?
  2. For the intercooler intake rectangle area, is the bumper catered to mate up different aftermarket intercoolers? For example, some of them sit further back or further forward than the OEM intercooler.
Top duct is for the fog lights so that will be blocked.......bottom duct is for oil coolers. Oil coolers come with the attached photo to let air out. If you dont have oil cooler you can do similar vent behind it. I can probbaly incluce it

IMG_4506.webp


IMG_4518.webp


IMG_4516.webp
 
 







Top