• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Seat swap

Felix S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic LX
I want to buy a new Honda Civic Si, but when test driving it I found the seat to be uncomfortable. The bolster on the front edge of the seat is too high. Other trims of the Civic have a driver's seat with a power seat tilt adjustment that makes the seat much more comfortable for me. I am considering buying the Si and then buying OEM seats from another 11th generation Civic that have the power tilt adjustment. I have never done anything like this before, and I am wondering if any of you can think of good reasons not to try doing this (or paying a shop to do it).
Sponsored

submitaweasel

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 integra
I can think of a good reason: any modification to a brand new car will void at minimum the warranty regarding the parts modified.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I want to buy a new Honda Civic Si, but when test driving it I found the seat to be uncomfortable. The bolster on the front edge of the seat is too high. Other trims of the Civic have a driver's seat with a power seat tilt adjustment that makes the seat much more comfortable for me. I am considering buying the Si and then buying OEM seats from another 11th generation Civic that have the power tilt adjustment. I have never done anything like this before, and I am wondering if any of you can think of good reasons not to try doing this (or paying a shop to do it).
Much better off just getting the Sport Touring 6 speed. Or, go get an Integra…

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Sounds like you need a Manual Sport Touring Hatchback instead of the Si

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Power seat typically require different wiring, but may require additional module(s) to work, depending on the design of the vehicle. It's going to be extensive if you want to do it nicely.

It will make more sense to swap an aftermarket sport/bucket seat that you like. However, you still need to find someone to fabricate seat brackets if there is no off-the-shelf option that will work. Not to mention, to bypass the airbag light.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
If you can swap the SI seats for Type R seats - no idea if they fit or if that is even possible - that would be a huge upgrade. Not power seats, so the bracket and fit are the 'only' issues. Haven't checked on pricing or availability, but that may be a good solution if it is possible.

How good are the Type R seats? About as good as it gets. No soreness or stiffness even on a long drive. Even after they have a lot of miles on them - 42,000 in my case. The seats in the SI I had were never great, but only started to really hurt after I had the car over a year.

If you are selling / trading out, lots of good ideas above. If used FK8's come down more in price, that would also be worth considering. Pretty soon the price of a good used Type R and a new Civic SI or Sport Touring, etc. will be way too close to each other to ignore. but now there is still a good spread.

Hope you find a solution, I know how much it sucks to have a driver's seat that doesn't work for you. Thinking about my SI, which I loved but traded due in large part to the seats.

Good luck. We're all just here on the forum trying to literally save your ass.

patientcrista

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
If you can swap the SI seats for Type R seats - no idea if they fit or if that is even possible - that would be a huge upgrade. Not power seats, so the bracket and fit are the 'only' issues. Haven't checked on pricing or availability, but that may be a good solution if it is possible.

How good are the Type R seats? About as good as it gets. No soreness or stiffness even on a long drive. Even after they have a lot of miles on them - 42,000 in my case. The seats in the SI I had were never great, but only started to really hurt after I had the car over a year.

If you are selling / trading out, lots of good ideas above. If used FK8's come down more in price, that would also be worth considering. Pretty soon the price of a good used Type R and a new Civic SI or Sport Touring, etc. will be way too close to each other to ignore. but now there is still a good spread.

Hope you find a solution, I know how much it sucks to have a driver's seat that doesn't work for you. Thinking about my SI, which I loved but traded due in large part to the seats.
I completely agree with your opinion. Whatever it is, you are definitely thinking correctly. It really is. Although I don't know exactly what is being said in this context, I believe that there is room http://essaypapers.reviews/ in our world for the incredible and the inexplicable.
Good luck. We're all just here on the forum trying to literally save your ass.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Power seat typically require different wiring, but may require additional module(s) to work, depending on the design of the vehicle. It's going to be extensive if you want to do it nicely.

It will make more sense to swap an aftermarket sport/bucket seat that you like. However, you still need to find someone to fabricate seat brackets if there is no off-the-shelf option that will work. Not to mention, to bypass the airbag light.
True. I swapped the leather seats in my Acura CSX Type S with Si seats of the same year and the driver seat was perfect while the passenger seat needed a harness and module swap and a calibration after.
The cars were basically identical mechanically, same engine, transmission etc.

I'm actually very, very picky when it comes to seats and I find the current generation Si very, very good.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Glad to hear they improved the SI seats from the 10th gen.
I understand they even improved the seats in the CTR, which I thought were already perfect.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
I forgot to mention that I also hate unadjustable tilted seats and found these just acceptable.
For some reason they settled nicely and don't feel that way anymore. If that sharp cushion was still there I'd notice for sure because I'm consistently switching cars and it would be obvious right away, as it was the case with the Mazda I owned prior.