• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

SGP available in WA

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
The fake CPO stuff should be illegal. Hopefully nobody does business with these scammers.
a toyota dealership in florida did this with my buddy on a solar octane trd pro 4runner...sold it as a used cpo with 8 miles on the clock for $75k
Sponsored

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
what exactly does this mean? Why would they do that?
They're using it as an excuse to markup the car. It's an under-handed technique some dealerships use to go around having to sell at MSRP

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
But they don't have to sell at MSRP - is this just their way of being able to hold on to the technical claim of being an 'only MSRP' dealer?

Sales Guy: Hey we have some interest in the new 23 Type R, its MSRP right?
GM: You bet! That's our policy!
Sales Guy: Ok great, I'll let them know
GM: Sounds good, how many were interested?
Sales Guy: 73 inquiries in the last hour
GM: Hang on, let's talk!

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
But they don't have to sell at MSRP - is this just their way of being able to hold on to the technical claim of being an 'only MSRP' dealer?

Sales Guy: Hey we have some interest in the new 23 Type R, its MSRP right?
GM: You bet! That's our policy!
Sales Guy: Ok great, I'll let them know
GM: Sounds good, how many were interested?
Sales Guy: 73 inquiries in the last hour
GM: Hang on, let's talk!
I get the sense this is precisely what happened.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
The dealer (business) can just sell it to the owner (individual), who can then just sell it back to the dealer to ā€˜resellā€™ as a used car. Thatā€™s how a MSRP dealer can technically get away with doing this.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
The dealer (business) can just sell it to the owner (individual), who can then just sell it back to the dealer to ā€˜resellā€™ as a used car. Thatā€™s how a MSRP dealer can technically get away with doing this.
This is how I see these dealers doing this loophole for making it a CPO unit:
11th Gen Honda Civic SGP available in WA bingo-tarantino

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
I hope now everyone will understand that you will pay for a car market valueā€¦.and nowadays even your grandma can figure out the market value on her 1999 lexus es300

Maybe now the bitching will stop about mark ups and people will sack up if they want the car.

MSRP only business motto does not work for high demand products lol

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
AS far as I know it's working fine, I haven't seen any MSRP dealers going out of business sales yet.

https://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht/podium/
I guess you forgot the part where I mentioned high demand productā€¦in the automotive market that would mean vehicles such as the Type R, GR Corolla, manual Supraā€¦you get the point.

Also, I donā€™t mean that a business wonā€™t make money selling everything at MSRP (I used to work at an MSRPonly dealership for ALL vehicles) but what I do mean is that no dealership would Leave money on the table and essentially give their R away at MSRP.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I guess you forgot the part where I mentioned high demand productā€¦in the automotive market that would mean vehicles such as the Type R, GR Corolla, manual Supraā€¦you get the point.

Also, I donā€™t mean that a business wonā€™t make money selling everything at MSRP (I used to work at an MSRPonly dealership for ALL vehicles) but what I do mean is that no dealership would Leave money on the table and essentially give their R away at MSRP.
Thatā€™s why regulation is needed. Dealerships sell something that is a ā€œNeedā€ in America. In the same way utility companies are heavily regulated because you donā€™t want your power company deciding in the middle of winter that ā€œmarket valueā€ is 10x the normal price.

These dealerships are already given a business that will strive regardless of the economy because ultimately, vehicles are a necessity and vehicles deteriorate. Thus they are guaranteed a customer base.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Thatā€™s why regulation is needed. Dealerships sell something that is a ā€œNeedā€ in America. In the same way utility companies are heavily regulated because you donā€™t want your power company deciding in the middle of winter that ā€œmarket valueā€ is 10x the normal price.

These dealerships are already given a business that will strive regardless of the economy because ultimately, vehicles are a necessity and vehicles deteriorate. Thus they are guaranteed a customer base.
How is a low-volume high-performance version of a vehicle a need? More regulation won't necessarily help. It will just cause the mark up dollars to shift from dealers to the flippers pocket.

What's next? Housing because shelter is also a need? Fine wine because it's a drink?

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How is a low-volume high-performance version of a vehicle a need? More regulation won't necessarily help. It will just cause the mark up dollars to shift from dealers to the flippers pocket.

What's next? Housing because shelter is also a need? Fine wine because it's a drink?
Because itā€™s not about one car. And at the very least flippers have some ā€œskin in the gameā€. Flippers can get stuck with inventory no longer worth what was paid for it. Meanwhile a dealership will never be underwater, they have no risk.

Today itā€™s a CTR, tomorrow itā€™s a HR-V. And with the continued consolidation of dealership groups, competition will only decline. At what point does it stop?

BTW yes housing needs it too. This unfettered housing market appreciation is not sustainable and only survives due to decades of underproduction in the housing market.

1. Buyer purchases home for rental.
2. Renter pays mortgage off for buyer.
3. Buyer uses rental income & equity to buy another rental.
4. Buyerā€™s purchasing of properties decreases on hand inventory, increasing home values and allowing the increase of rental prices.
5. Buyer continues to purchase homes decreasing available homes whilst increasing their property values.

The only reason this predatory rental industry exists is due to lack of new home construction. With adequate new home construction it will drive down existing home prices. Thus these rental investors will have to charge less for their properties, except they cannot charge less than the mortgage they have on the property. Thus we are undoubtedly in a housing bubble due to the prevalence of rental investors and lack of new home construction. Once new home construction becomes sufficient everything will be exposed.

Far too many people finance their ā€œinvestmentsā€, both with cars and homes. And the second those values fall they will be exposed.

But thatā€™s just my opinion.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
They claim to be an MSRP only dealer. Probably had a bunch of very interested people and decided instead of adding a markup theyā€™ll sell it pre owned so they can mark it up whatever they want. Theyā€™ll probably make it a dealer car for a week and put some miles on it to make it used. Just shady business. I saw stories in another thread of Canadian dealers doing this because they have laws against charging more than MSRP on new vehicles.
Bingo!

Hereā€˜s a listing in my province.

Saw this 2023 Honda Civic Type R on AutoTrader's iPad app
http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-56968666
Sponsored