• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Si ride quality?

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Please post your driving experience with the new Si. Do you find that the car has a harsh or refined ride. Like to hear everyone’s experience as a daily driver.
Sponsored

Dubers

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2020 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Touring
Traded in my 20 Si for the 22. The new Si is definitely a bit stiffer, especially in colder weather (like we get up here in Canada), though the ride becomes smoother at cruising speeds. I suppose the offsetting benefit is better handling/cornering, but I won't know till the white stuff disappears ;)

HardLuckFE1

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Civic Si
Simply put, it feels tight. I did a 800km round trip with 2 passengers recently. Not a single complaint.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I would call it firm. Some may call it stiff if they are not used to performance cars. If you prioritize handling and fun, you will love it. If you want maximum comfort, Honda also makes a regular Civic.

I think it's perfect. The only time you notice it is at parking lot speeds. At higher speeds it just makes the car feel super nimble yet stable.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I'm in my 50's , I use my vehicle for daily work purposes, I drive a ton of miles , I wouldn't change the ride for anything different. I love the ride, it is not overly stiff and it handles great. No complaints about cabin noise either. I am surprised any time I hear of complaints about the ride or cabin noise. I didn't by a Rolls Royce, the Si is exactly as advertised, and perfect.

Last edited:

OP
OP

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
I'm in my 50's , I use my vehicle for daily work purposes, I drive a ton of miles , I wouldn't change the ride for anything different. I love the ride, it is not stiff at all, very compliant IMO, and it still manages to handle great at the same time. No complaints about cabin noise either. I am surprised any time I hear of complaints about the ride or cabin noise. I didn't by a Rolls Royce, the Si is exactly as advertised, and perfect.
Good to know. I am also in my 50’s and love this car but didn’t want a real hard riding car.

Justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
I owned both a 17 si and 19 Civic Coupe Sport and the new 11th gen si is MUCH stiffer.

I find it very enjoyable. The car 'feels' very beefy compared to the cars above, especially with the pumped in audio.

I will also admit that the tranny is a bit jerky paired with the engine. There's significantly more rocking back and forth. Still in love

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I had a high quality Bilstein coilover system on my Honda S2000 and the Si reminds me of it. It is stiff enough to provide excellent handling, but it can absorb big bumps with ease and comfort without jolting you. Best of both worlds IMO. It is still smooth over rough roads, you can't ask more than that from a sports car.

Last edited:

wilsonyyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
I had a 10th gen LX sedan and the SI definitely rides much firmer. The SI chassis also feels significantly stiffer than the LX but without compromising the ride too much. The SI will let you know the road imperfections yet it's rarely jarring/harsh as compared to the LX. The only tradeoff is the occasional jounce moment that I get on some roads. Overall, I like it as my daily driver.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Please post your driving experience with the new Si. Do you find that the car has a harsh or refined ride. Like to hear everyone’s experience as a daily driver.
As others have said here, the ride is firm but not overly so in my opinion. It rides way better than my previous car a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 and spring/shock suspension. I put Bilsteins on it because of the awful ride quality over bumps and it improved but not nearly as much as I'd hoped. The Si however is firm, but really pretty good even over broken pavement.
Sponsored