• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Si firm ride. No adaptive dampers

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport (6MT)
Assuming they'll still have them when I have the money for them I plan on getting the Si HFP suspension upgrade from Honda. @RickTheWelder has a series on his YouTube channel (well worth checking out) where he installs the HFP kit on his Si and said it's how the Si should have come. Improves both standard driving and sport mode
Sponsored

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
How does that one article say it has more standard features over the last gen? So far as most of us have seen it lost a bunch of standard stuff.

I know, right. They increased the price by 2000 and then took away the adjustable dampers, heated seats, temp gauge, dual zone auto climate, fog lights, 5hp, etc. They added auto stop start which almost no one will use. Only real improvement is the rev matching. Seeing how the Canadians get so many more features for less is hard to swallow. Not the bargain it once was.

JT Si

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MSM Civic Si
I never noticed any difference in the ride on my 2018 Si with regard to normal vs sport. Now the CTR I notice in all 3 modes.
Funnily enough I also never really noticed a difference until I installed Swift spec-r sport springs. For some reason with the better springs the difference is way more noticeable, to the point if I forget to turn sport mode off after some spirited maneuvers my girlfriend complains it's too rough. (We have some really shit tier roads)

Before the spring upgrade she and I couldn't even tell a difference.

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 LEAF SV+, 19 Altima Plat, 22 Mach-E4X ordered
I know, right. They increased the price by 2000 and then took away the adjustable dampers, heated seats, temp gauge, dual zone auto climate, fog lights, 5hp, etc. They added auto stop start which almost no one will use. Only real improvement is the rev matching. Seeing how the Canadians get so many more features for less is hard to swallow. Not the bargain it once was.
The 11G is also a much more comfortable place to be on the inside. Everyone is lamenting the loss of this or that from the spec sheet, but the butt dyno of everyone who's driven one has said that the car is a true hoonmobile. Shorter throws, less rev hang, better sounding exhaust, fatter curve, less drop-off...all plusses if you're an enthusiast and well worth giving up heated seats on a car rocking cloth anyway.

Honda had to do something to keep the price down. In the US our car splits the EX and the Touring, in Canada the Si sits at the top of the Sedan range. If Honda had left the equipment but charged $33k MSRP for the car, everyone would be losing their shit talking about "we didn't need this" or "why didn't they leave out that". Imagine what the market value on the car would have been after accessories and ADMs given the current state of the car industry.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
The 11G is also a much more comfortable place to be on the inside. Everyone is lamenting the loss of this or that from the spec sheet, but the butt dyno of everyone who's driven one has said that the car is a true hoonmobile. Shorter throws, less rev hang, better sounding exhaust, fatter curve, less drop-off...all plusses if you're an enthusiast and well worth giving up heated seats on a car rocking cloth anyway.

Honda had to do something to keep the price down. In the US our car splits the EX and the Touring, in Canada the Si sits at the top of the Sedan range. If Honda had left the equipment but charged $33k MSRP for the car, everyone would be losing their shit talking about "we didn't need this" or "why didn't they leave out that". Imagine what the market value on the car would have been after accessories and ADMs given the current state of the car industry.
that doesn't change the fact that they took away ALOT of standard features that were on the previous Si....it is unacceptable and I can almost guarantee that most of those features will be back on the refresh.

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
that doesn't change the fact that they took away ALOT of standard features that were on the previous Si....it is unacceptable and I can almost guarantee that most of those features will be back on the refresh.
The features removed are related tot he international microchip shortage. A lot of other manufacturers are doing the same thing. Even $70k Tahoe's are being delivered without heated seats or heated steering wheels. The world has changed in the last two years.

I'm disappointed those features are no longer on the Si, but I'm in it for the driving experience. Also to keep the feel of my daily similar to my '19 Type R used for autocross.

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 LEAF SV+, 19 Altima Plat, 22 Mach-E4X ordered
"Unacceptable" to you maybe, but folks are paying over MSRP to get their hands on one right now and Honda can't build em fast enough. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the content was cut due to shortages, things like the full digital cluster, but other things like the heated seats, adaptive dampers etc..., Honda needed to keep the cost down. Folks around here would have done a lot more complaining about an Si that had "all the things" if it meant a car that costs $5k more.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
The Si's suspension isn't even that firm to my tastes, it feels just right for a sporty car. My point of reference is the Non-DCC MK7.5 GTI, which was too firm and "bouncy", exhausting to drive. The Si feels pretty comfortable in comparison. I think it's set up perfectly as is, it's more than soft enough for an engaging daily.
Agreed. I’m 48 and have a temperamental back. The 11th gen si is at the upper end of ride firmness that I would like but the more I drive it the less I notice the firmness. That being said l, the roads I drive are fairly good with very few potholes. I can see a northern climate with poorer roads would be different.

neoison

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 hatchback sport
I wonder how it's ride is compared to a new WRX? My 2021 WRX rides ruff imo beats me up on a ruff back street. ?? When the ride moves your feet and affects your ability to manually shift gears? That's a problem ?
Sponsored