• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Spoon Springs vs Eibach?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
...Firstly, the fronts are noisy on sharp drop offs (decompressions) such as when it rebounds after hitting a speed bump or sharp undulation in the road, I have been able to reduce the noise by installing an additional spring insulator (made by Tein) to the front springs however it has not eliminated this noise. Additionally, I am running a 7mm spring shim on the rear positioned between the upper spring rubber insulator and the body, to make the vehicle sit flat. Without the shim, it is heavily reversed raked.
dang, I had the exact same issue with spoon on the fk8. I was hoping that wouldn't be the same deal for the fl5.

At this rate, I prob won't bother with springs...which is hard for me to do, I always lower my car lol.
Prokit gave me noise issues on the fk8, Swift was great, but toooo stiff, sportline was too low...h&r felt uneven.
Sponsored

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
Just gonna update this thread with the shims - they're now available for purchase.
$120USD plus $35USD international shipping (will be coming from Australia)
PM me if you wish to purchase a set

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Springs vs Eibach? IMG-20230902-WA0002

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Springs vs Eibach? received_676121867735630

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Springs vs Eibach? 20230910_174605

MKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I've been running the Spoon springs (FL5 Specific Set) for about a month now - been on the track once. They feel great, ride is definitely stiffer, and body movements are better controlled.
However, they are not perfect. Firstly, the fronts are noisy on sharp drop offs (decompressions) such as when it rebounds after hitting a speed bump or sharp undulation in the road, I have been able to reduce the noise by installing an additional spring insulator (made by Tein) to the front springs however it has not eliminated this noise. Additionally, I am running a 7mm spring shim on the rear positioned between the upper spring rubber insulator and the body, to make the vehicle sit flat. Without the shim, it is heavily reversed raked.
Is the noise a common problem of the spoon springs on FL5?

have you found a fix the eliminate the noise?

the reverse rake is the result of having an front and back even drop (20mm) and having the rear wheel well lower than the front stock.

By raising the rear it actually looks strange to me, like the car is slanted forward.
Pic of spoon vs spoon with raised rear:

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Springs vs Eibach? E06CA1FA-AC63-4BB8-B1CE-00377A7C0D46
11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Springs vs Eibach? 3ED68D35-114D-423A-AFC3-D756CD9B7358
Sponsored