• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I wouldn't buy the Audi either I don't have 70k to blow on a car, either way no way in hell I'm paying over msrp. But at least in Canada I might not have to.

Last edited:

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Complains about mark up and then buys a German car that will depreciate $10K in one year…
You would think that a TTS would have potential at holding it's value for two reasons: it's discontinued, and the special engine/trim

Edit: I was thinking TT RS #morningbrain

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Dont buy cars you're gonna drive as investments. Even so youd have to keep it maintained and pristine for 20+. Btw M2 comp will be way more sought after.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Dont buy cars you're gonna drive as investments. Even so youd have to keep it maintained and pristine for 20+. Btw M2 comp will be way more sought after.
Maybe 20 years from now the M2 will look good.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Holding as much value as possible and considering it an investment are different things and that should be acknowledged as such.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Victory Honda, San Bruno, CA
$20k ADM, but can be negotiated down in person.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
My suggestion is to be patient. The way I see it, there are going to be about 700 CTRs in USA for 2023? There is no way in hell 700 people are going to pay crazy mark up on this car. Dealerships are going to try to bluff and sell it over MSRP to as many people as they can, after that they will start selling it at MSRP or most 5k over.

If someone gives you crazy mark up, honestly I'd nicely tell them to call you back when they are serious about negotiating. And wish them good luck selling it at 25k over lol

Gillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FL5
My suggestion is to be patient. The way I see it, there are going to be about 700 CTRs in USA for 2023? There is no way in hell 700 people are going to pay crazy mark up on this car. Dealerships are going to try to bluff and sell it over MSRP to as many people as they can, after that they will start selling it at MSRP or most 5k over.

If someone gives you crazy mark up, honestly I'd nicely tell them to call you back when they are serious about negotiating. And wish them good luck selling it at 25k over lol
Basically what I'm doing. I already accepted that I'm not getting the car this year. If I find a deal at 5K next year, I'll prob jump on it.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
You never know, you might have dealers calling you in 5 months begging you to take it 5k over.

But seriously if you get someone call you in a few months asking you to buy 10k over. Make sure you negotiate and drop the price to 5k over.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I hope that you all find the deal that works for you. Sooner than later.

Right now you are dealing with some the Civic Type R is my first, second, and third choice sickos.

Soon, people will read the reviews, and if they are as glowing as we all expect... Will create another set of buyers. I know there is lots of talk of recession and whatnot and I respect where that is coming from but lots of these people will write a check for this car. I see it now with vehicles that cost more than it.

I don't say it to dissuade you. I just think this thing is going to be 10k over easy for a while. Why wouldn't it be? The current generation 5-door civic has proven to be a success in this constrained market and the FK8 goes in the 40s right now in this current market. I could very well be wrong... but it all seems pretty reasonable.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Found a Texas dealer who told me 10k over, no deposits, and first come, first served. They added me to "the list" lol

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru

I mean this forum is genuinely convinced that there's enough people willing to buy the entire run of 3-4 years or whatever at 15k+ over MSRP.
Sponsored