• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I mean I could def be wrong, but I really don't believe it. Sure we got some 100 hardcore fans here, what happens once all of them get their hands on the CTR by overpaying during the limited scare? And of course those 100 fans still gotta afford it.

Average joe who likes a sports car wont be crazy enough to drop 15k usd over MSRP. We will see in 4 months I guess. I still think in 4 to 5 month youll easily get one 5k over and maybe at MSRP if you're patient enough.

Guess if I'm wrong I'll be buying the case of beer lol ;p
Sponsored

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
My suggestion is to be patient. The way I see it, there are going to be about 700 CTRs in USA for 2023? There is no way in hell 700 people are going to pay crazy mark up on this car. Dealerships are going to try to bluff and sell it over MSRP to as many people as they can, after that they will start selling it at MSRP or most 5k over.

If someone gives you crazy mark up, honestly I'd nicely tell them to call you back when they are serious about negotiating. And wish them good luck selling it at 25k over lol
yeah i have a cap on how much ADM i'm paying. if they say $15k-20k ADM i tell them "let me know if it ever drops to $5k" and say thank you!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I mean I could def be wrong, but I really don't believe it. Sure we got some 100 hardcore fans here, what happens once all of them get their hands on the CTR by overpaying during the limited scare? And of course those 100 fans still gotta afford it.

Average joe who likes a sports car wont be crazy enough to drop 15k usd over MSRP. We will see in 4 months I guess. I still think in 4 to 5 month youll easily get one 5k over and maybe at MSRP if you're patient enough.

New car loans are averaging 6%…. Banks are also tightening lending standards and also requiring down payments. Wonder if there are banks willing to lend 120%+ loan to value.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
New car loans are averaging 6%…. Banks are also tightening lending standards and also requiring down payments. Wonder if there are banks willing to lend 120%+ loan to value.

Imho people would be crazy to finance the whole thing.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I mean banks probably don't care as long as your credit score and income fit the bill.
They don't care. They are financing ADM all over the place.

Some credit unions or banks have rules in place that they always have. They may tick your rate up but they are absolutely financing it.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
yeah i have a cap on how much ADM i'm paying. if they say $15k-20k ADM i tell them "let me know if it ever drops to $5k" and say thank you!
For me I have the USD 50k out the door limit in my head, unless I'm getting accessories at which point I'm ready to get it under 53k. I can afford more sure, but I feel there has to be a limit to what one should spend on a specific car. I'd rather wait a bit than give in FOMO and spend close to USD 60k on (fanboys incoming) what is essentially a Civic (not denying a very sporty one, but still, a Civic). Before anyone tries to disagree I would just like to say that's how I try to make sane financial decisions by having an upper limit in my head so that I don't overspend. For instance I've been quoted anywhere from 6k to 30k worth of markup, and the 6k looks like a steal when you compare it to the 30k markup. However, when viewed in isolation, 6k markup on a car expected to cost in the 40k range is still a lot of markup no matter how special the car is, but to curb that temptation of giving in to the 6k, I have this upper limit in my mind. So for me, totally depends on the MSRP. If it's closer to 40k, a 6k markup for me is doable. If it's closer to 50k (I mean the GR Corolla Morizo is 50k and the Circuit edition is 43k so I wouldn't rule out the Type R being around the 45k mark) , I would need some accessories to justify spending more than 50k. Some people might say that it's a Type R and it's chip shortage times so markups should be expected, and yes I agree. It's just that I can't justify spending close to 60k otd on a Type R, no matter how hard my heart tries to persuade me otherwise.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
They don't care. They are financing ADM all over the place.

Some credit unions or banks have rules in place that they always have. They may tick your rate up but they are absolutely financing it.
I hope so. I wanna see the economy implode.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-honda-accord-sedan-teaser-images/

Kind of irrelevant at first glance in a Type R forum but what caught my eye was the 12.3 inch display, with the volume knob shifted at the bottom to make more space for screen real estate. For what it's worth, I guess the Civic Type R facelift (if it happens) in a couple of years should get one.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru

I agree with you. Maybe not in 4-5 months, but I can't imagine 4000+ people are willing to pay 10k over for this car, so I think prices will drop at least by the time the 2024 models come out.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I agree with you. Maybe not in 4-5 months, but I can't imagine 4000+ people are willing to pay 10k over for this car, so I think prices will drop at least by the time the 2024 models come out.
yup. there are lines of people i'm sure to get the very first batch thats willing to drop huge coin. Same as always in all new sporty car. Shit even the NC miata had markups when it dropped. Its not sustainable.

SPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic EX
This is from Serra Honda in Northern Ohio:

~8k ADM plus a mandatory ceramic coating, windshield protection, and other small accessories for ~2.3k

Out the door price would be 54k with Ohio taxes and fees included.

Lady in sales told me they are shopping this Boost Blue to about 15 people that inquired with these numbers. They won't work with you on the markup but will give leeway on trade value.

Too rich for my blood but I figured I'd pass the info on just to give a better gauge on what the first batch of Type Rs are going for.
Sponsored