• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The MOST ADM you would pay.

s0kkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RSX-S
Hey guys,

Just wondering what's the most ADM you guys would pay? I found one for $7K ADM.. I pulled the trigger on a CW 23 FL5 Type R, the car is currently in transit. Wondering if I made the right choice.

I'm from SoCAL.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
After driving it... Shieeeeet... Cool $100,000?

BurgerSlayer

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys,

Just wondering what's the most ADM you guys would pay? I found one for $7K ADM.. I pulled the trigger on a CW 23 FL5 Type R, the car is currently in transit. Wondering if I made the right choice.

I'm from SoCAL.
Where from?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I mean, you’re already locked-in to the deal…so…not sure why you’re asking us if it’s a decent deal after the fact. You felt good about it when you did it, so stop worrying about it and enjoy!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Hey guys,

I'm from SoCAL.

Depends on when/where you buy. right now, that's a decent price in some areas and a frickin' great price for california. if you wait a year, it might not be as good a price, or it may be the standard going price. so, as @TypeRD said... stop worrying and enjoy!!

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Raiti’s Rides did a video on this a little while back, and I was in agreement with him. $5k and under is doing well. $5k-$10k you have to decide if it’s worth it for you personally. He suggested if you’re paying over $5k to try and get them to let you buy some accessories with some of the ADM you’re paying. I think that’s a solid deal for Cali at this point in time, especially if it doesn’t involve a long drive or shipping. I paid $5k over, but I really lucked into it.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Just for comparison - the dealer I bought my 2018 CTR from called with a CH WH with $ 10K ADM in AZ. For $ 1,000 I could have had first right of refusal, and maybe even gotten to test drive it.
I passed. So $ 7K is not crazy if you are in CA or AZ, etc. I have seen what appeared to be -0- or $ 2-3K ADM online, but not anywhere near the west coast. And whose to say the dealer wouldn't turn around and have a big surprise when you actually went to buy it.
If you are willing to deal with driving it across country - I wouldn't have it shipped - you might check outside your state. $ 7K pays for a really nice road trip.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Price is important. But not as important as your time, or getting the right car. A good deal on the wrong car is not a great deal. You can always make more money. You cannot manufacture more time.

Spend the latter wisely.

I am not recommending overpaying for something you can get for less - I am just saying don't let price stand between you and your dreams.

When I am driving my CTR, I am not thinking that I should have received a higher trade in for my SI three years ago. Or about my payment. I am just happy. Period.

Quick story: Speaking with the finance manager, very decent guy, who helped me with my purchase financing I asked him about what he liked to drive. He told me wistfully he used to love driving a manual but due to some serious physical issues had to drive an automatic now.
There is the cost to buy a car - and there is the opportunity cost of not driving the car you want, that is an overall great fit for you - at that time.

speaking from many years on the planet - the older you get the more you realize what really matters. Saying 'I got it for less' - not so much. Saying 'I got to have this experience' - yeah, that is the real deal.

Phil Devtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sierra Denali/'22 Yukon Denali/'22 X5/'23 FL5
Price is important. But not as important as your time, or getting the right car. A good deal on the wrong car is not a great deal. You can always make more money. You cannot manufacture more time.

Spend the latter wisely.

I am not recommending overpaying for something you can get for less - I am just saying don't let price stand between you and your dreams.

When I am driving my CTR, I am not thinking that I should have received a higher trade in for my SI three years ago. Or about my payment. I am just happy. Period.

Quick story: Speaking with the finance manager, very decent guy, who helped me with my purchase financing I asked him about what he liked to drive. He told me wistfully he used to love driving a manual but due to some serious physical issues had to drive an automatic now.
There is the cost to buy a car - and there is the opportunity cost of not driving the car you want, that is an overall great fit for you - at that time.

speaking from many years on the planet - the older you get the more you realize what really matters. Saying 'I got it for less' - not so much. Saying 'I got to have this experience' - yeah, that is the real deal.
I totally agree with this. Do what you want, when you want. A couple of thousand dollars should not matter. If it does, then maybe buying this car or any car for that matter might not be the best thing for you at this time.

Just enjoy. It’s just money.

Deleted member 42932

Spend the latter wisely.

Wise words! Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Live in the moment. But also, don't get yourself into crazy debt and have to sell your body to make car payments.... :oops: