• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Things we've spotted from the Type R videos

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Exactly. No one cares about that thing.

It needs to best the Lynk & Co 03 Cyan Concept.
Well, the the competition's now about fastest FWD "production" car because of that damn race car lol

Oh, certainly. It would be a nice bonus but hardly necessary (to me, at least).
I don't think Honda wants to add any more condition to the title. They've won against two seater limited production hot hatches before and I'm pretty sure they'll do it again this time.
Sponsored

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Given the tank size, I'm trying to find those fuel economy figures I spotted earlier in the week (can't find them after 10 minutes of searching). Just wanted to get a feel for max range
My FK8 which I would assume would be the same or near the FL5 on 93 Octane gets 311 miles of range sometimes more sometimes less. The most I've ever put in fuel when it was near empty was close to 11 gallons

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
That doesnt make sense. My gti can go nearly 400miles in the highway on a single tank flashed with apr making more power than a R.
It's just different sized tanks a lot of german cars have tanks 15+ gallons the FK8 is around 11 so 300ish miles is a good estimate

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Tank size is an issue. Any other vehicle tanks fit? What size is the Accord? We need PRL to drop a 15 gallon+ fuel tank .lol
It really isn't an issue how are you driving 300+miles a day to make it an issue. Most of the time i fill up just once a week and I put 15,000 miles in a year of ownership

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
I'm definitely not dragging the brakes. Like I said earlier my initial numbers were off, I hadn't actually given it that much thought or calculation in all honesty, I was rough guestimating it.

I've done 25 years driving since the day I could legally drive and passed my test first time after only 5 lessons with a driving instructor! No accidents, points on my license, fines or convictions, no speeding offences. Zilch, zero, nada. Believe me I know very well how to drive!

Please don't try and tell me that people who own Type-R or similar cars don't drive fast where they can. 😄
Idk bro I drive like an animal and I never get under 24 mpg. I think you living in the UK might be the reason for you to have a worse mpg with all the urban driving

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Idk bro I drive like an animal and I never get under 24 mpg. I think you living in the UK might be the reason for you to have a worse mpg with all the urban driving
I am mostly what I call local driving but I live in Cornwall which is rural so the roads are countryside, narrow, tops speeds of between 40 to 60 mph no motorway at all and only occasional dual carriageway but always limited by traffic, especially in summer when the tourists flock here. Unless you are in a town, I wouldn't be able to say it's urban as such.

Doing the journey shown in the screenshot, starting with a full tank, I got down to 1/4 of a tank and filled up again at Exeter so that's as real and accurate as I can give. The majority of that journey is dual carriageway at 60-80, but can get 90's+ on parts if you want to and risking your licence. Some of it single lane A and B roads.

11th Gen Honda Civic Things we've spotted from the Type R videos Screenshot_20220801-132248_Firefox

Last edited:

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Mini vortex generators? Saw it in this video (link).
Proper diffuser that actually extends under the vehicle. Have seen a lot of "review" vids mention this.
Most pretend diffusers are just there for show like the Hyunda i30 for example.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
One thing that I've seen mentioned from time to time is the silver centre console is actually Aluminium not plastic.
Can only imagine how hot that will get in summer here in Aus! The shift knob was bad enough.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
One thing that I've seen mentioned from time to time is the silver centre console is actually Aluminium not plastic.
Can only imagine how hot that will get in summer here in Aus! The shift knob was bad enough.
Thin layer with good surfacearea wont be bad. Its the shifter that will needs a beanie.

Reactions: Z3N

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
I was curious about this so checked FK8 on fuelly. Lots of pretty low mpg people on there but looks to average around 23/24. About the same as FA20 WRX people seems like. Civic tank is a bit small for <30mpg straight highway but wouldn't exactly be annoying on long trips.
Sponsored