• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
there’s so many spoilers you can get for an FK8… what do you mean? Not to mention tons of different body kits. Don’t know where you got that idea from lol.
I'm noticing that since this is a civicxi forum there's a lot of people here commenting on the Type R without ever going through the process of buying one or owning one just a bunch of assumptions
Sponsored

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold
I don't know the financials all I know is if the car doesn't make money it wouldn't have its own plant producing 47k units. But to comment on the other person you quoted, the fk8 is one of the most aftermarket support cars of the last decade. Go to any type r meet and you'll see many stock but also many that are completely different builds. Even if you set aside the full Mugen and Spoon catalogs that the car has.
Just a few notes. Mark-ups do go to the dealership, not Honda. The Swindon plant wasn't a FK8 only facility. And the Honda Civic in general has been one of the most aftermarket supported cars for the last 30 years ;)

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I don't know the financials all I know is if the car doesn't make money it wouldn't have its own plant producing 47k units. But to comment on the other person you quoted, the fk8 is one of the most aftermarket support cars of the last decade. Go to any type r meet and you'll see many stock but also many that are completely different builds. Even if you set aside the full Mugen and Spoon catalogs that the car has.
of course honda makes money on the car, but the mark up has nothing to do with honda, it all goes to the dealership. there won't be anywhere near 47k made of these cars. production has been getting cut left and right monthly. i expect less than half of that to be made in the next 3 years. as said before, honda's main profit comes from crv's and hrv's, those sell more than anything they have.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Do you think FL5 will suffer from the aftermarket and parts in the long term given that it could be limited production?

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Do you think FL5 will suffer from the aftermarket and parts in the long term given that it could be limited production?
Well since the FL5 and FK8 share so many components I’m sure you could just buy FK8 parts. This is assuming that it’s the same K20C1, similar size and all. But as far as we know the two cars aren’t very different

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
The quality of interior of literally any german car is better than a Honda civic it is not subjective; I own an FK8 the head unit shuts off randomly, filled with plastics in the inside, but I love the car for what it is a fun driving car that has usability and looks insane. Golf R is a similar powered car and faster in a straight line and smoother drive I do not understand how that is subjective. I also am looking forward to this new Type R but since we don't know anything yet and people are arguing just for the looks and that's what I'm commenting on. Park Ave BMW is selling all if not most their cars sticker in Rochelle Park, NJ this is including the M's. Montclair Acura is selling new cars at sticker, Toyota of Hackensack sells all their Supra's at sticker my friend just bought one. But finding a dealer near me that doesn't laugh at you when ask how much the car costs, I went for years looking for a reasonably priced one. I had a dealer tell me 49k for a championship white. I've had a dealer try to tell me that the Boost Blue is the limited edition and that MSRP is 45k so 52k being the asking price isn't too much over. I've had a dealer tell me that his boss wouldn't sell the Limited Edition for anything under 80k. When I bought my car at DCH Paramus Honda for 47k after I talked them down for 55k I was done waiting and I pulled the trigger, on my 5 minute ride home the entire infotainment shuts off and before even getting home I take it back to the dealer and they send me to the service department and the girl tells me I just have to deal with it. These are all hassles that we have to deal with when it comes to buying a type r so is it really worth it to go through the hassle of upgrading when it entails having to visit over a dozen dealers to still overpay for a honda civic type r. Hell I even pre-ordered the C8 Z06 Corvette with just 1k down while Honda dealers wouldn't even let me get a test unless I basically signed off on saying I was going to buy the car. I'm 22 and this is the first car I bought with my own money and I was left with a very bad taste in my mouth I know I am rambling but any FK8 owner will tell you they love the car but it's a hassle to obtain and if you have a problem with you car you're better off going on the forums and doing it yourself because Honda dealers suck.
The FK8's interior was nothing to write home about, but the 11th gen is much more polished & upscale in that regard.

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
the front bumper looks so sleek that I don’t miss the fog lights at all:drive:

HIFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R Limited Edition (2021)
From what I have read in the Japanese forums, type R will remain in 1 trim level and the only option is the paint lol.
Yeah, but the last 2 type-r's had carbon pack's

HIFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R Limited Edition (2021)
i think the wing is gloss black just like the Si spoiler and matching black mirror. I’m good either way, they both look good.
i donno, the resolution of the picture is low so... you can't see it