• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

maxamompaine2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 SGP Civic Si, 1990 Mazda Miata
The Swift Spec R's were very close to factory OEM spring rates, but I had some noticeable front end clunkiness at parking lot speeds which drove me nuts so the OEM springs went on.
I think it's very plausible that those springs weren't installed correctly as I've had mine on now for close to 3,000 miles and I'm loving it. Not too stiff for a daily and gives it a nice lowered look in my opinion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OGGsr

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I think it's very plausible that those springs weren't installed correctly as I've had mine on now for close to 3,000 miles and I'm loving it. Not too stiff for a daily and gives it a nice lowered look in my opinion.
It's possible but everything seemed to go together fine during the install. I admit I may try re-installing them at some point in the future.

Splice247

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts of a 2022 Civic Si Owner Over the Past Year PXL_20221225_215846619

Gtc02's are great. Was hard to choose a set for my Fl5 but very happy with the outcome.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I bought my '22 Si in early December of 2021 for MSRP plus tax, title, tags and a $499 doc fee. It was a little over 30k OTD. The car is stock with exception of a TSP Stage 1 tune which I've been running on Map 1 or 2 and a CTR rear sway bar. The car has been tuned for most of my ownership. Here are a few thoughts of my driving and ownership experience over the past year:
  • This car is very economical and I've averaged about 34 mpg with mostly mixed driving. I've seen as high as 45 mpg on longer highway trips
  • 2nd Gear: I've switched to Amsoil MTF after some cold weather notchyness. As I've put more miles on the car the shifter seems smoother. The car is fully broken in and I believe the shifter and transmission/clutch engagement needed a little bit of time to "free" up.
  • Clutch: Crossing my fingers but the clutch still engages with no slippage. I don't drive like and asshole and try not to bang shifts, but I do occasionally drive spiritedly.
  • Paint: I DIY'ed a ceramic (Kamikaze) coating witch was pretty easy to do. The car is mostly garage kept and stays relatively clean on the outside but with 2 boys, the inside can get a bit dirty. I have a couple small chips from road debris that required a paint pen to cover. Typical Honda paint.
  • Handling: this car is very fun and engaging to drive and as some people have noted how stiff the ride suspension rides, I think it's a great handling car from the factory. I've put two sets of springs (Tein Spec H and Swift Spec R) and found the ride height was great with the Tein's but I hated how mushy the handling became. The Swift Spec R's were very close to factory OEM spring rates, but I had some noticeable front end clunkiness at parking lot speeds which drove me nuts so the OEM springs went on. I may eventually try the Spec R's again but I'm really enjoying the OEM handling right now.
  • Fun to Drive: the car is still a joy to drive and very comfortable. I still like driving it as much as I did when I first took delivery. Sure I would like a Type-R, but not at 80%-100% more cost than what I have in my Si. Sure prices will come down on Type-Rs but the Si beats the R for value, economics, and day to day livability.
  • Future prospects: I plan on keeping this car a long time and when I finally wear out the stock Goodyears, Michelin PS4's will replace them along with dumping the 28lb boat anchor wheels for a set of Fast FC04's or Enkei GTC02's.
-Jamie
Great review, thank you. I remember noticing a huge difference going to the PS4's from the factory Goodyear All Seasons on a '17 SI. Interesting to know that the OEM springs worked best.
Sponsored