• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R at VIR/ brake pad suggestions.

OP
OP

Ic@ns33urhrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
I switched the brake pads to endless mx72 plus. Did another track day at ViR and they performed well Still gotta change fluid. But had no fade.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ic@ns33urhrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car

Paragon R5 front with Paragon titanium shims
Paragon P3 rear

Very happy with the setup

Paragon P3 rear

Are the pads noisy with daily driving? What video setup did you have to record the lap? Any other mods on the car? Nice lap.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR
Are the pads noisy with daily driving? What video setup did you have to record the lap? Any other mods on the car? Nice lap.
It's on 18s with Kumho V730s, otherwise stock.

Yes these pads will make noise when coming to a stop driving daily. I didn't care in the limited daily driving I did with the pads on but some are sensitive to this.

edit: I ran Endless RF-650 brake fluid as well. Don't be a dummy like the guy who wrecked his wrapped car on the Nurburgring and run stock fluid with aftermarket pads - you'll cook the fluid

Last edited:

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I'm going to try the Paragon pads instead of the Ferodo on my next outing. I decided to go with R7's in the front and R5's in the back. This is all based on Balu's video...dude nailed it out there!

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
I switched the brake pads to endless mx72 plus. Did another track day at ViR and they performed well Still gotta change fluid. But had no fade.
Be careful with MX72 as they are primarily a street pad - have seen them fade severely and trips into the gravel trap ensued.

OP
OP

Ic@ns33urhrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
It's on 18s with Kumho V730s, otherwise stock.

Yes these pads will make noise when coming to a stop driving daily. I didn't care in the limited daily driving I did with the pads on but some are sensitive to this.

edit: I ran Endless RF-650 brake fluid as well. Don't be a dummy like the guy who wrecked his wrapped car on the Nurburgring and run stock fluid with aftermarket pads - you'll cook the fluid
Thanks.

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R

Paragon P3 rear

Thanks for the video. My FL5 is just a fun car that will do track days and autox. I’m somewhat lazy and would like to avoid switching out pads.

Besides the noise issue, is there anything else that would affect drivability on the street (braking in wet/cold, etc…)?

Also, are the titanium shims required? I’m new to all this, I appreciate it!

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR
Thanks for the video. My FL5 is just a fun car that will do track days and autox. I’m somewhat lazy and would like to avoid switching out pads.

Besides the noise issue, is there anything else that would affect drivability on the street (braking in wet/cold, etc…)?

Also, are the titanium shims required? I’m new to all this, I appreciate it!
I drove a little on the street with those pads. Zero issues with cold bite and driveability - just the noise and extra dust.
Titanium brake shims are nice to avoid heating up your brake fluid more and it keeps your calipers red longer vs them cooking and turning brown. It's a small price to pay for better thermal management for your calipers and the fluid inside.
Sponsored