• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R owner age?

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I'm 33 and planning to buy the new car but yeah I honestly feel "too old" sometimes, which is wild because who really cares what you drive? But as anyone in "middle life" or that has a family/kids knows, there is a lot of pressure - sometimes external and sometimes internal - to buy a more "practical car" - especially one with no wing, lol. I honestly go back and forth on it, but I think the constant checking of this forum for over a year is a sign that it's what I want, and hey, the car still has four doors and a hatch, so it's downright practical!

WXC

First Name
Wang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk7
Hello everyone, I am 27 from China. Excuse me for my bad English. I plan to buy the new TR next year. It will cost me 3 years' salary i have saved. In China ,only a few of young people can buy it. I'm very lucky.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 Type R
42 and my wife says my Type R is a mid life crisis car. Lol

Dietbepis

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
I'm 30 and bought an fk8 last year. No one cares except kids who think you're cool and will take a pic of your car sometimes.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Iā€™m 29. I got shit for getting my 2019 Type R from random people online. But in person nothing but compliments.

Ultimately I think this is an issue that only car guys care about. Normal people see it and either donā€™t care or they think itā€™s cool.

People really donā€™t change much from high school as it turns out. Think about it. Donā€™t be worrying about what other 30/40 year olds online think about your car. Who gives a shit. Itā€™s a fun car, buy it for yourself, not for some perceived peer group.

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
I am not an owner but i think i speak for a good amount of people my age: 24. Want the type R but at this age we can't afford this shii without help from parents and family.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Out of curiosity how old is the CTR owner. I'm in my mid 40's and sometimes feel a bit too old for the car.
You are not too old. I am in my 60's. Still love it after driving it two years. Lots of smiles and impromptu conversations- with car buffs of all ages,
Sponsored