• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R owner age?

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S

So far it's been the perfect "Dad Car" and it was pretty fun picking up my kids from school earlier this week. For reference, my kids are 6 and 4 and their car seats are pretty easy to take in and out of the car as needed.
Sponsored

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
I'm 22 about to turn 23. Thankfully I can afford this car because of my engineering degree and job but the dealer markups I'm hearing just makes me reconsider my options as I'm still in that student mindset of not spending money on unnecessary stuff, which ADM falls in the category of. I guess my age plays a role in here as well; it's my first time buying a new car and I want a fun+practical one but not too expensive (above 50k is expensive for me), hence the Type R ticks all my boxes but only at MSRP or maybe at most at 5k over.
Lol this was my first message on this forum. 23 now, and I have my Championship White Type R in the garage. How time flies!

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Lol this was my first message on this forum. 23 now, and I have my Championship White Type R in the garage. How time flies!
In a few weeks 68. Still waiting for my Ruthā€™s Christ steak house gift certificate? Lol hope youā€™re enjoying your new car. My car has not moved in almost a month. I still canā€™t drive !

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Early 30s. Never driven an FL5 but ordered one based on the reviews. I'm looking for something that feels alive, but also has enough practicality that I can actually enjoy driving it regularly (rather than having it sit in the garage for weekends only). I had a 911 not long ago, so this car has some big shoes to fill...
FL5 will definitely enlighten your days. It feels so lively, bouncy yet comfortable in the city drives.

I'm so hyped for you!!

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
In a few weeks 68. Still waiting for my Ruthā€™s Christ steak house gift certificate? Lol hope youā€™re enjoying your new car. My car has not moved in almost a month. I still canā€™t drive !
Haha yeah I am planning a trip around your place in summer, I'll have the gift certificate ready for you lol. Car is wonderful, hope you get well soon so that you can continue to enjoy yours!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
At 26, I bought a GSR sedan cause I didnā€™t know how much better the Type R was til after it was gone.

When the Civic R came out I was going to get one (at age 49) but I got a field service job the same year and was driving 25-30k miles a year, and didnā€™t want to drive a Type R like that.

I plan to finally get my first Type R at age 56 when I return to the US.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
At 26, I bought a GSR sedan cause I didnā€™t know how much better the Type R was til after it was gone.

When the Civic R came out I was going to get one (at age 49) but I got a field service job the same year and was driving 25-30k miles a year, and didnā€™t want to drive a Type R like that.

I plan to finally get my first Type R at age 56 when I return to the US.
Given that I got my first Type R in 2020 at age 65, I can also appreciate how rewarding it is to finally get something you really wanted to drive.
Sure I tried to get one in 2017, but that wasn't happening. For most people.
By 2020...there were used ones on the market - better availability, better price, and something no dealer was offering on a new Type R- a test drive. Basically, auto journalists get to test drive a lot of cars that non-journalists, or non-established journos don't.

supersonicneo

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CTR
I'm 36 and will be getting mine hopefully this weekend.

I have a 2000 Civic Si EBP I bought in October of last year - a car I had wanted for 20 years.

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
I'm currently 38. Someone earlier mentioned getting grief for it, I've only seen grief from women and occasionally a guy who is too worried about outside opinions.

To me, kids are the arbiters of what is cool, if a 10 year old likes your car, it's cool. They are unweighted with the concern of other peoples' opinions.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
What is the correct age to own one of these?

When you have - or still have - your license and can drive a manual.

Yeah, that about covers it.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
35 here and so far loving the car. I have had too many cars in my lifetime šŸ˜‚. But so far the Type R feels really special.

nawfoo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Si
39. Used to post on Honda Tech in the early 2000's. First car was a 2004 WRX, then was uninterested in cars until my early 30's. Then ILX, BMW 353, Jetta GLI, BMW m240, and finally the Integra. Never thought id get a manual again but its so easy to drive.

Last edited:
First Name
E - Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Type R - BB / 2016 Yamaha BOLT bike
58 - i am 2nd Owner 2021 Type R Boost Blue - i added RED Trim, Niche Torsion Blue wheels, etc
came with tinted windows n 2 amps w Box Speaker in back
CARS and COFFEE at a Dealership 2 months ago -
Fort Morgan CO CAR SHOW Sept 15-17 , i have entered it
Conversation STARTER Car, at Gas Stations especially and Stores, etc
For Christ Jesus would have it that none should perish but that all would come to repentance
1 John 4:10 . Isaiah 6:1-6 ..... able to DRIVE and SHIFT Gears (play Pickleball aggressively too)

11th Gen Honda Civic Type R owner age? 2021 Type R - Rear - Driver BLUE n Red in Streets 7-2-2023
Sponsored