• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Record at the Ring?

Will the Type R take the record at Nurburgring before the reveal?

• Total voters

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
At the end of the day, as long as the new 2023 Type-R lays down a new record, it will enshrine the Type-R once again.
Curious, in the eye of who?

I'm sure there are some buyers who will be swung by a lap record, but I also know plenty of buyers wouldn't care if there wasn't one.

For my sake (and yours, and for everyone else on a wait-list), I hope Honda keeps quiet. šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
I still think they will announce a new record along with release; the Suzuka Circuit track record was a lead up to it
final piece of info to seal up marketing

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR

Wrapping up GT7 and damn does it make you appreciate how good this guy is!
The amount of speed he sustains with his turn-ins, apexes and exits...šŸ‘šŸ‘

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I won't expect results during the hot season. Many manufactuers wait for cooler ambiant temps to set ring records.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I won't expect results during the hot season. Many manufactuers wait for cooler ambiant temps to set ring records.
Thatā€™s why thereā€™s no ring time for the new 992 GT3RS yet. Summer is a terrible time to set records.

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Limiting the supply have better effects than lap records. Not everyone will get the FK5. It is sold out before be announced! Nothing to do with the season.
FK2 was March 2014
Fk7 April 2017
Suzuka was four months ago. So, Honda had enough time to set the lap record for the FL5

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Limiting the supply have better effects than lap records. Not everyone will get the FK5. It is sold out before be announced! Nothing to do with the season.
FK2 was March 2014
Fk7 April 2017
Suzuka was four months ago. So, Honda had enough time to set the lap record for the FL5
So it looks spring is the ideal time! Thanks man!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
FK2 was March 2014
Fk7 April 2017
I heard at 106 mph the spoiler forces the car to pop a wheelie. So it's basically speed limited to 106. I think that could hurt sales.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 FK7
You know whatā€™s odd of Honda? They never posted the 2020/2021 facelift FK8 or LE times at the ā€˜Ring.

Iā€™ve got a sneaky suspicion that the facelifted FK8 with the same tires as the FL5 will set a comparable lap time - remember that the FK8 facelift received several suspension and brake upgrades that would translate directly to the ā€˜ring (two piece brakes with better feel, better bushings, quicker dampeners, etc.) The engineers were fighting the pandemic while they were designing the suspension for the FL5, so Iā€™m willing to be itā€™s largely a carryover from the facelift FK8 - the added power and stickier tires being the only difference at Suzuka.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I'm just hoping the car is optimised for the roads, all roads, and not over focused on ring times that it sacrifices day to day driving. The ring is such a big circuit that you only have to find a tiny gain in one area for that to be amplified and add up to a big number at the end of the lap - that's why so many manufacturers use it, it sounds better than saying it is 0.3 seconds faster around Silverstone.

As such - I couldn't care less about the time, just give me a well sorted car!

Rant over šŸ¤Ŗ

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Never tracked the fk8, prob won't the fl5...so much extra time and $ to buy extra pads, rotors and tires.
I have my occasional fun on the streets and backroads. ^^

Glad Honda decided to go with some proper Michelins. šŸ‘

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Never tracked the fk8, prob won't the fl5...so much extra time and $ to buy extra pads, rotors and tires.
I have my occasional fun on the streets and backroads. ^^

Glad Honda decided to go with some proper Michelins. šŸ‘
Stock contiā€™s on the FK8 are crap! Should have been Michelinā€™s from the start.

Reactions: Z3N

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
You know whatā€™s odd of Honda? They never posted the 2020/2021 facelift FK8 or LE times at the ā€˜Ring.

Iā€™ve got a sneaky suspicion that the facelifted FK8 with the same tires as the FL5 will set a comparable lap time - remember that the FK8 facelift received several suspension and brake upgrades that would translate directly to the ā€˜ring (two piece brakes with better feel, better bushings, quicker dampeners, etc.) The engineers were fighting the pandemic while they were designing the suspension for the FL5, so Iā€™m willing to be itā€™s largely a carryover from the facelift FK8 - the added power and stickier tires being the only difference at Suzuka.
Eh, who knows... I could spin it that it costs much more money and the competition is ridiculous.

I don't disagree with you all that much though. The car is likely going to simply be a better FK8. We can already tell that it'll be a superior daily.

Let's give it a chance to come out and be its own creature. I expect a bit from from it but at the same time I expect a bit of the FK8.

Last edited:

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1

I hear what you're saying but there is more to it than that - for example, flywheel changes, as well as the wheel size is different (overall tyre diameter is smaller) and the gear ratio is different (final drive). So it's not only the 'power' that has changed and therefore hard to compare directly.

Cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
After all those recent released, still no Record announced...!
I guess 6 persons we're right ... : No, Honda just loves taking pictures
How can they beat the last type R at Suzuka by 1 second and miss
on the Nurburgring (a 4 times longer track) ?
Sponsored