• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

vs GR Corolla

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
#16 has no place to be there as most car enthusiasts think all EVs are just boring straight-line grocery getters. Imagine a proper sporty EV from Honda, maybe 5 years from now at the earliest?
Nah man, some people are all about that numbers game. The E stands for Enthusiast!

More like euthanize. Me.

(ngl a Honda e Type R sounds like kinda cool)
Sponsored

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Why I wouldn't choose a GR Corolla
1. I don't like the looks
2. I don't like the cheap and nasty interior
3. The back seats are cramped
4. The boot is tiny
5. The reviews suggest it's only exciting when you're driving like you stole it (which is not how people use a daily driver, even if they think they do/will)
6. Even if I wanted one, in Australia, there are 500 cars coming and there are 250 Toyota dealers...so two cars per dealership. If every dealer principal decides they want one, that's half the 2023 allocation gone.
7. The local arm of Toyota is still not announcing pricing and is spouting some nonsensical gibberish about trying to stop flippers, and finding ways to ensure cars go to "true enthusiasts". Yeah, good luck with that. How are they going to stop dealer principals or sales staff nabbing the cars before members of the public? That's the first hurdle.

I am not invested in one brand over the other (Toyota vs Honda) but against the Type R, the GR Corolla doesn't appeal at all (to me). People will buy and love it, and I'm sure it will be a good car. But not good enough to get my money. However I will say I am glad it exists and long may companies make fun cars for people who love driving.

I hate the looks of the previous Civic so much. Mainly the rear.
However, I LOVE the new one from all angles and the interior looks fantastic.
I've also spent the last couple of days going over the previous CTR reviews and it seems any shortcomings mentioned by various reviewers have been addressed with the new car.
I'm struggling to see any negatives other than the fact they are yet to announce pricing and availability for us here in Australia. That will be the clincher.
Honda you're close...very close...don't fvck this up!!!!!

Last edited:

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
If the GRC leads to an inline triple powered 86, I'd call that a win too 😁

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
What a snoozer of a forum. Glad this forum doesn't have tons of spam ads every other post.
Well our forum didn't have a bunch of spam ads until a couple days ago... It's pretty horrible now.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Well our forum didn't have a bunch of spam ads until a couple days ago... It's pretty horrible now.
maybe it’s my fault, I’ve been posting from Taiwan. Friggin ads everywhere here if I forget to turn on the VPN.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
There were zero ads. And about 1 day after your post mentioning it 20 ads per page.

Makes it really hard to even follow the threads on a phone...

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Which one do you expect to feel more raw, motorsport? GRC or Type R?

Based on what I've seen in the reviews and how the old R drove, I think the R would feel more raw. Particularly, at low speeds.

What are people's thoughts?

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
In Canada getting a GRC is just impossible. I am #2 for a CTR since spring at a large dealer but too late for the Toyota dealer game

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
In Canada getting a GRC is just impossible. I am #2 for a CTR since spring at a large dealer but too late for the Toyota dealer game
I hear ya man, I tried too in the spring but was already getting told I would be 5+ on lists so I chose not to donate my money for a an interest free loan :)

Not sure how/why the GR lists got so big around the GTA so quickly

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Which one do you expect to feel more raw, motorsport? GRC or Type R?

Based on what I've seen in the reviews and how the old R drove, I think the R would feel more raw. Particularly, at low speeds.

What are people's thoughts?
CTR no doubt. Its the fastest FWD ever made, and just a negligible fraction of seconds slower on The Ring than a 911 GT3 RS, which costs 4-5x more and is among the best of Porsche racecars.

practically a world class track car that is daily drivable.

not sure how GRC became so unobtainable, the lists went crazy, i think Toyota trailers and hype, release timing, PR was overall a lot better. They also didnt have to compete with Honda as they were under their blanket with info

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thanks for posting that. I enjoy their content.

If I recall the FK8 was like 1:15 something on the continentals.

Sad they didn't run it. Maybe saving it for FL5 and others...

The way I see it... FK8 with upgraded rubber and quicker track would be competitive.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
11th Gen Honda Civic vs GR Corolla 1663764869554

I see this as a win for the Elantra N. Although it was on PS4Ss, and GRC was on PS4s, Elantra does exceptionally well, even beating the old CTR, but to be fair, it was the first car they tracked a long time ago, and the track has gotten faster ever since.
Corolla would be faster than the N if they were on same tires, but its a lot more money and so difficult to get, and if you can get over the not so aesthetic styling of the N, its a great second option IMO. Albert Biermann's influence is major boon for the N division.
Sponsored