• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

W1 Turbo on CVT car dyno/test results database

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
very nice. more testing with the advanced VSA stuff and the VSA in the car. Interesting how your fastest ET is you slower mph.
One thing to note was that run 4 was in the afternoon when things were heating up. If I did the same methods that I did on run #4 for my very first in the morning, I am pretty sure I could have gotten a slightly better time.

My car was sitting on the line for approximately 20 minutes in the sun and to avoid being baked, I was running the AC so I'm sure that slightly slowed it down.

My IATs were a good 30 degrees warmer on my final run versus my first run.
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
So the 907 torque is just number um ok
If you are making 907lb-ft of torque on the street (On street tires) in your Civic Si (FWD), then yes, it's just a number. How are you going to be able to put that power down? You'd just roast your tires at any and all gears and it'd be undrivable. I'd be happy to race you with that much torque. I'm always down to learn something new.

11th Gen Honda Civic W1 Turbo on CVT car dyno/test results database giphy

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately I don't know how to read that..can u say what your 0-60 was thanks
His fastest 1/4 mile time ticket is 13.34@107mph. On that run, he ran an [email protected]. Putting his 1/8th mile time and trap speed into the calculator on THIS link shows he had a 0-60mph time of 4.28.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
Wtf that's really fast for a CVT...I thinks I'm gonna install the mods he has ...plus that 27won turbo might get rid of my wastegate problem right?
no because you are using the same wastegate you currently have, its only replacing the stock turbo

Alberto1866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
I am only seeing this thread for the first time. I have the turbo and the mods I have to accompany it are:
-27WON CAI
-27WON Turbo
-PRL Catless downpipe
-27Won exhaust
-E85 (didn't get tuned on it though)

Sorry about the crumpled paper, they had the tune dialed back for CVT safety so I haven't maxed out on power yet. Also I have no idea what the torque is I apologize I didn't ask any questions I just picked up my car and left as there was a family emergency that day.

Experience with the turbo and tune. I have had the turbo on my car for over a year now and about close to 15k miles. I have been on this tune since the end of March and the power delivery is just so smooth I love it. You can really feel the difference in power in the top range. I have raced a couple cars mostly Fiestas lol, I easily beat all the stock ones on rolling starts, and I barely edged out a guy from school that only had a downpipe in his. I have had exactly 0 problems so far, and eventually will try and get tuned for e85 to see what power I can really make.

11th Gen Honda Civic W1 Turbo on CVT car dyno/test results database IMG-0081

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
I am only seeing this thread for the first time. I have the turbo and the mods I have to accompany it are:
-27WON CAI
-27WON Turbo
-PRL Catless downpipe
-27Won exhaust
-E85 (didn't get tuned on it though)

Sorry about the crumpled paper, they had the tune dialed back for CVT safety so I haven't maxed out on power yet. Also I have no idea what the torque is I apologize I didn't ask any questions I just picked up my car and left as there was a family emergency that day.

Experience with the turbo and tune. I have had the turbo on my car for over a year now and about close to 15k miles. I have been on this tune since the end of March and the power delivery is just so smooth I love it. You can really feel the difference in power in the top range. I have raced a couple cars mostly Fiestas lol, I easily beat all the stock ones on rolling starts, and I barely edged out a guy from school that only had a downpipe in his. I have had exactly 0 problems so far, and eventually will try and get tuned for e85 to see what power I can really make.

IMG-0081.jpg
Well CVT torque limit is around 250wtq

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well CVT torque limit is around 250wtq
Man, if you don't stop with that nonsense. How many people have you seen on here with more than 250wtq and a CVT without issues? Just stop it! :) :rofl:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Man, if you don't stop with that nonsense. How many people have you seen on here with more than 250wtq and a CVT without issues? Just stop it! :) :rofl:
Not many actually. DRob caps it off around there with all his tuned CVT’s from what I saw

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Hello all,

I am a cvt guy and just installed the 27 won turbo this past weekend. My initial comments... 27 won made a beautiful turbo. I will try to attach a comparison picture of the factory turbo and 27 won's turbo. I was a bit worried with how the installation would go. The instructions could not of been more clear! I did end up breaking a head off of a bolt in the engine block when installing the return oil feed. Luckily it only took about 15 mins to back the stud out.

Performance wise I can already tell a world of a different in the top in where the cvt shines! Pushes you back in the seat all the way to redline. I am waiting for my initial tune to come in. As of right now my installed mods are the 27 won turbo and prl intercooler with upgraded pipes. I am waiting for an intake with a race maf and my prl front pipe and downpipe. If anyone has questions I am willing to give in my 2 cents

20190615_130606.jpg
Hi how is it holding up? And is it faster from 0-60?

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
@hobby-man

I am waiting for my first tune to come out from my tuner. Right now I am using ktuner just a base map nothing specific for the 27 won. I emailed ktuner support and they said you can run any ktune base map with the 27 won. They do advise no long wot pulls. Previously I ran ktuner all the way maxed on all quick adjustments with a bbg. Now i am running bbg 1st gear 16psi and mild ramps and spool rates and cant forget to always check that early spool especially since the new turbo takes about an extra 500rpms to spool. The
Huh? So you cant floor the car all the way to 200km?

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
275-290whp Was going to go with 250-260whp until I saw you had the flex fuel kit.

I c u r in Maryland. You going to any tracks to get a 1/4 mile time or two? If Cecil, I'll come out to play. Someone can make a cool video of me getting smoked by you. I need convincing to get a 27Won Turbo. :bat: I can make it out tomorrow or Friday.
But if your doing 1/4 mile drags racing wouldn't you be flooring the car? And ktuner said not to floor the car for long but in a drag race you have to floor all the way to the finish line to win

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But if your doing 1/4 mile drags racing wouldn't you be flooring the car? And ktuner said not to floor the car for long but in a drag race you have to floor all the way to the finish line to win

Kinda confused by your post but we did race one time back in September. His car is taking the video and you can see me on the right side of the track. At the time during this run, he had full bolt-ons and E85. I had full bolt-ons and stock turbo. I got a quicker reaction time and my tiny turbo's lowend helped me jump out in the beginning but he was gaining on me and would've smoked me beyond the 1/4 mile. Hell, he would've had me if we took off exactly the same time (by 3/10ths of a second).

During this run he ran a 13.4@107mph and I ran a 13.7@103mph. We have both ran a tick faster since.....

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Kinda confused by your post but we did race one time back in September. His car is taking the video and you can see me on the right side of the track. At the time during this run, he had full bolt-ons and E85. I had full bolt-ons and stock turbo. I got a quicker reaction time and my tiny turbo's lowend helped me jump out in the beginning but he was gaining on me and would've smoked me beyond the 1/4 mile. Hell, he would've had me if we took off exactly the same time (by 3/10ths of a second).

During this run he ran a 13.4@107mph and I ran a 13.7@103mph. We have both ran a tick faster since.....

Personally I dont think its worth 1,500 the gains you get is so tiny