• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wagner Intercooler

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
So the first kits were missing some brackets? Did they say when they would ship those out? Still don’t see how the provided brackets attach to the crash bar, can you take pics showing how they are both mounted on there?
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
They isolate the intercooler between the condenser and crash bar. They make sure it stay stable and doesn’t wiggle. You’ll see the L bracket and rubber isolator right above the crash in thics below

IMG_2359.jpeg
IMG_2357.jpeg
If you don't mind me asking.. how many hours did they charge?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
If you don't mind me asking.. how many hours did they charge?
They don’t charge hours for side work, kind of just I’ll take X amount for it. This is one of the clients I sold last year. I’ll ask them how much when I check in on it again

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
@AspecR

Thank you. I have a few things to install and my intention is to do it myself. Things have just be busy at work and at home and I feel like I'm falling behind. So I may have them do it.

ITSguy

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type s
So I figured I would try the install as well. Debating drilling holes into the crash bar and fastening it there

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I hope this isn’t an issue similar to the HEL oil cooler where HEL did not account for the crash bar being different for the US market. Might be the reason why they didn’t include it. Who knows.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I hope this isn’t an issue similar to the HEL oil cooler where HEL did not account for the crash bar being different for the US market. Might be the reason why they didn’t include it. Who knows.
That’s exactly the issue with the Wagner Intercooler, the JDM and Euro cars don’t have the crash bar. The USDM car does.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
@AspecR

Thank you. I have a few things to install and my intention is to do it myself. Things have just be busy at work and at home and I feel like I'm falling behind. So I may have them do it.
What you need done? I’ll get you a price to get all the work done at once

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
@AspecR

I'm good haha...

More interested in what amount of time was involved with THIS particular intercooler.

ITSguy

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type s
11th Gen Honda Civic Wagner Intercooler IMG_5262
Got creative with an old handle from a light. Feels sturdy, will be fine until actual brackets get sent

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I hope that's not true because a member on the other forum mentioned they spoke to Wagner and they confirmed it will fit the USDM FL5.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
This is how I ended up doing mine. Mounted the isolators and brackets on the intercooler with the lip tucked under the rim of the crash bar, marked a dot for each bracket location, drilled two holes through the crash bar lip, and secured the brackets with two stainless bolts with lock washers and nuts. Somewhat of a pain in the ass to get the bolts in the bottom of the holes but I used a short magnet on a stick to guide the bolts up from underneath and then dropped the lock washer on and threaded the locking nut. Overall pretty clean install and it’s very secure now. Sure wish this was a bit clearer with some instructions, the rest is pretty straightforward. I’ll run my Hondata and collect some logs on my drives for the rest of the week and send them over for comparison.
11th Gen Honda Civic Wagner Intercooler IMG_3289
11th Gen Honda Civic Wagner Intercooler IMG_3288
11th Gen Honda Civic Wagner Intercooler IMG_3287

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
This is how I ended up doing mine. Mounted the isolators and brackets on the intercooler with the lip tucked under the rim of the crash bar, marked a dot for each bracket location, drilled two holes through the crash bar lip, and secured the brackets with two stainless bolts with lock washers and nuts. Somewhat of a pain in the ass to get the bolts in the bottom of the holes but I used a short magnet on a stick to guide the bolts up from underneath and then dropped the lock washer on and threaded the locking nut. Overall pretty clean install and it’s very secure now. Sure wish this was a bit clearer with some instructions, the rest is pretty straightforward. I’ll run my Hondata and collect some logs on my drives for the rest of the week and send them over for comparison.
IMG_3289.jpeg
IMG_3288.jpeg
IMG_3287.jpeg
I highly recommend you(and anyone/everyone else) upgrade your horns while you’ve got access to them, you‘ll be happy you did!
Sponsored