• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Yayo

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 MY23
I'd like to say I was 100% successful with the rear a/c install but I couldn't get it to close back up all the way, good enough that I'll deal with it later but it's not right. I've emailed mikstore to see if they have any tips on what I need to do to get it to close flush.

IMG_3980.jpeg

I also generated a nifty error code which is preventing my key from proximity starting the car after I closed up the center console and plugged everything back in:

IMG_3983.jpeg

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/smart-entry-system-problem-see-your-dealer.52346/
Ok. Hope good notices about this.
Sponsored

neilisnext

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 Type R #8960
Spoon Progressive Lowering Springs (265/35/18)

I chose this route because I wanted to lower the vehicle and because Spoon claims to improve the ride quality and eliminate the delayed roll I feel when driving spiritedly. I'm glad to say I feel like both have been improved upon. I did not feel the event of the delayed roll. I also feel like the ride has improved. That said I think that is more noticeable in sport or R damping.

Collars

I wish it made sense to install each individually, as I would love to see what impact it would have alone (With the understanding that everything works together). Sadly I could not do that, and I don't feel qualified to mention any changes and attribute them specifically to the collar. It would've been nice to know for future reference.

I was never unhappy with the Civic other than the delayed roll... This has improved the car, and I would spend that money again. I know that much, even in a short time.

I'm waiting on the Acura damper module...

20230803_152629.jpg
Looks good! What offset are you running?

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Me and a buddy (mostly him) installed it with just a jack and jack stands. It wasn't too bad, save for the 90+ degree weather. Took a couple hours. Some of the nuts were hard to get off but he had an air compressor and an impact gun so it wasn't bad. The exhaust comes with instructions so it's pretty simple.

I couldn't find torque specs on many of the bolts (front pipe, etc.) so that was kind of annoying.
Obviously youā€™re already done, but may help when you install the downpipe. Havenā€™t looked through the doc good to see if everything is there though. Iā€™ll be installing everything in a few weeks when my AWE Touring shows up. Already have the TSP dp waiting šŸ¤˜šŸ½

Attachments

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Obviously youā€™re already done, but may help when you install the downpipe. Havenā€™t looked through the doc good to see if everything is there though. Iā€™ll be installing everything in a few weeks when my AWE Touring shows up. Already have the TSP dp waiting šŸ¤˜šŸ½
Oh dang, I'll save that one for later. Thanks!

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Removed/returned the Tuxmat up front I was trying out - just too thick for me so it crowds my feet, the clutch pedal touches it which makes a funny sound/slight sticky feel, and wow - to take it out for cleaning would take a lot of effort with all the clips I used to keep it as tight as possible.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
First oil change done at 4800 miles and Iā€™m loving the way itā€™s driving! Surprisingly the maintenance minder was still showing 60% oil life and when we asked the tech about it, he said the CTR is good for 10,000 miles šŸ¤”? But I still wouldnā€™t push it that far.

Also, Curry Honda managed to finish up in 35 minutes! Super fast work. But I believe we were fast tracked bc we had a Type R, there were others before us still waiting as we were leaving šŸ˜

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
First oil change done at 4800 miles and Iā€™m loving the way itā€™s driving! Surprisingly the maintenance minder was still showing 60% oil life and when we asked the tech about it, he said the CTR is good for 10,000 miles šŸ¤”? But I still wouldnā€™t push it that far.
Yep I always do oil changes at every 5k, it's a nice easy round number to remember. I ignore the maintenance counter.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Can you share details? Iā€™m also interested in this for my ITS.
Only part needed is the seat belt latch Acura- 04823-3S5-A01ZA
Civic STHB 04816-T49-A60ZA

Of course you still need the complete rear seat cushions of a 5 seater.

Fold both seats down in back

Start by removing the rear folding seat on the passenger side, . 4 bolts - 2 on either corner when you lift the fabric they're exposed
Once removed pull seat back out
This exposes a bolt that the driver side hinges on. Remove
Next go to other side of the remaining folded seat and pull back rear fabric to expose 2 bolts. Remove and pull this seat back out.
Next is the bench.
Once seats are out a single bolt is exposed on Driverside that holds the bench . Remove
Now there are 2 clips one one each side that hold this down.
Pushdown on bench to release pressure and reach for the white clip and slide out towards the front of the car.
Do this for both clips.
Remove bench seat
Now you can see all hardware and Buckles
Just install the new dual latch in place of the single
Attach the shoulder strap for middle seat and bolt this with the passenger side Buckle.

Last edited:

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Installed the AWE Touring exhaust. Such a massive difference and no longer sounding like a vacuum cleaner.

I'll be installing the RV6 downpipe in a couple weeks. Hopefully it doesn't get too obnoxiously loud.
Doesn't AWE come with a downpipe for this exhaust or did you just opt out of it to go in a different direction?

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Doesn't AWE come with a downpipe for this exhaust or did you just opt out of it to go in a different direction?
It does not come with a downpipe. It does comes with an up pipe though.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
It does not come with a downpipe. It does comes with an up pipe though.
Upload a clip if you have one, I'm sure it sounds great!
Sponsored