• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
With limited tools and personal garage space, I was fairly confident I could do this. Lol
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1109

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1108

Yes I’m aware (now) that I could’ve saved some money buying direct from Sprint but then it wouldn’t come with this sticker and we all know, we are still collecting stickers.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1111

Keeping the stock filter around when I do need to clean the spoon filter. 500 miles and pretty clean except this unfortunate bee/wasp.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1110
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yes I’m aware (now) that I could’ve saved some money buying direct from Spring but then it wouldn’t come with this sticker and we all know, we are still collecting stickers.
Haha I bought this too, but from overseas and saved quite a bit on it. I haven't installed it yet though. Notice any improvements?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Congrats! Any initial impressions you can share? Any issues with traction? If so, where and under which conditions? Where in the powerband do you feel the most prominent gain in power?
I will have a full in depth review for you in about a month once Hondata comes to FL for the jail break.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Haha I bought this too, but from overseas and saved quite a bit on it. I haven't installed it yet though. Notice any improvements?
What kind of improvements? I don’t hear any audible differences. I need to unplug the fake sound pumped into the interior.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@TW00Si just set engine sound to comfort mode. This has been pretty much verified to turn the noise box off. I’ve been needing to put my phone by one of the speakers and drive around (I keep forgetting) to see if the mic picks up any sounds, but from the driver’s seat I can’t hear it all (if there is sound).

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
@TW00Si just set engine sound to comfort mode. This has been pretty much verified to turn the noise box off. I’ve been needing to put my phone by one of the speakers and drive around (I keep forgetting) to see if the mic picks up any sounds, but from the driver’s seat I can’t hear it all (if there is sound).
I’ve already set it to comfort mode. So that means whatever I’m hearing is the actually intake/exhaust? I’m doubtful because it sounds similar to the FK8 in sports or comfort mode.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@TW00Si Yeah, comfort mode “should” turn it off…but needs testing to be sure. I will test it soon per the method I outlined. I have pretty acute hearing (despite what my wife may think) and the noise box drove me nuts from day one. I could clearly hear engine sounds coming unnaturally from the driver’s side A pillar. LOL! Comfort mode seemingly eliminates it, which makes sense. When people want a calm, comfortable, environment they usually want less noise. We just don’t know if Comfort mode turns it completely off. Anyway, it’d be helpful if you tested it too as another data point. I’ll try to get to it tonight and will post in the long thread about it when I do.

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Just unplug the box and then never wonder. It's pretty easy, 30mins at most. I do think there was pumped in noise in Comfort btw.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Originally I thought one of the first things I’d do was unplug that box. Almost a year into ownership and it’s still plugged in. Honestly, the car is too quiet and need the extra noise from the speakers IMO. Helps avoid having to get a loud exhaust and move away from stock.

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
The pumped in noise is actually drowning out the real sound. I agree the car could use some more volume but with the fake noise turned off I can hear the car much better.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I was worried it might void the warranty should something happen, but I finally did it. I put 2 scoops of whey isolate powder in my gas tank yesterday and the gains were instant. I was doing sub 3s 0-60 times, and pulling on everyone at stoplights. This is the way Honda should have made this engine run from the factory, but EU regulations screwed us over.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I was worried it might void the warranty should something happen, but I finally did it. I put 2 scoops of whey isolate powder in my gas tank yesterday and the gains were instant. I was doing sub 3s 0-60 times, and pulling on everyone at stoplights. This is the way Honda should have made this engine run from the factory, but EU regulations screwed us over.
What flavor gives the best results?

s2ktypeR

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
For those of you who after cleaning your windows on your car still have streaks that are easily seen in the sun this is the toy for you. Can be used inside and outside of the car.
Enjoy

Sponsored