• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Getting ready to have my PWR radiator installed in a couple of weeks so decided to assemble the Radium coolant tank first.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1688

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1687
Sponsored

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I bought some rally armor flaps but haven't decided whether I want to install them or not. I was wondering if you have any mesh inserts in the fender vents along with the rally armor flaps. Do they interfere with the installation of the flaps?
I havenā€™t installed mesh inserts on these yet, but I donā€™t think itā€™d pose an issue. Would likely make sense to either install the mesh vents on the car first or find a way to attach them to the rally armor.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Getting ready to have my PWR radiator installed in a couple of weeks so decided to assemble the Radium coolant tank first.
IMG_1688.jpeg

IMG_1687.jpeg
Keep an eye on that tank. Lots of failures with the gasket they use to attach the two halves together.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Keep an eye on that tank. Lots of failures with the gasket they use to attach the two halves together.
Will do. I did apply hondabond on both side of the gasket after chatting with some members here and watching AHC on their installs to their ITS. I actually emailed Radium and asked if I should used Hondabond and their response essentially was that I could and isnā€™t necessary.

This is from Radium:
We generally do not see leaking with the current gasket. For the Civic, Honda uses a coolant with chemicals that like to leach through the gasket material, resulting in some unsightly staining around the gasket area.
A thin skim-coat of RTV silicone (such as hondabond) could help, but it is not something we have tried or generally tell customers to do.

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Here is.
Create Carbon (AliExpress seller). Carbon fiber center console black MATTE. 56 gr. Surprised about quality and finish. I will inform you when I have installed it.
This is the seller on Amazon listed as "JSWAN", reports have been mixed from others on the gloss surround. I have their matte door sills and think they are fine for the price. Wish they offered kick panels like the Mugen (which are fake CF), I did message them to suggest that.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
Got the JDM alcantara shift boot installed with my new titanium WC Lathewerks shift knob. Alcantara shift boot I'll give it a 5/10 with how it feels and the cutting involved to make it work with the US plastic casing it sits onto. It is not soft at all.
Also I had bought an Acuity shift collar but unfortunately the diameter was a little bit smaller than the diameter of the shift knob at the bottom so be careful when getting new collars.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_1502.JPG

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
Nailed it full throttle for the first time for a short burst in 3rd gear (only has 480 miles) until the very first of the rev lights came on. If it pulls that hard not even fully broken in, it's going to be a strong runner. I'll chill until 600 miles just to be on the safe side but wanted to get a preview of what's to come.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I wouldn't say failures, the coolant leeches out a little in some instances. But maybe there have been some legit failures where it dumped the tank contents all over the place that I just haven't seen online. Radium makes some high quality stuff so that would honestly surprise me.

I used a thin coat of RTV before joining the (2) halves of the Radium tank. Only about 3k miles on it so far but zero leaks, which I can't say about the OEM tank. My OEM coolant tank failed in under 3k miles...
Sponsored