• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I would disagree that it adds to resale. It may prevent chips in the front and lessen my reconditioning costs. However, you don't need PPF for me to not detract for that. The car is either bad or not.
Lol - it preserves the condition of the car. I suppose it depends who you are selling it to….
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I did full Xpel ultimate PPF with ceramic on my 21 M2C and probably wouldn’t do it again. It always felt like a waste of money.

Repainting the front bumper and hood would be much cheaper and still look better (fresher) than a 5 or 10 year old PPF ever would.

If I had to do it again, I’d get ceramic only because it helps with cleaning. Or perhaps I would only wrap the front bumper, hood, and rockers with PPF because those are the only high impact areas. That would run about $3k, give or take. Then again, repainting the same areas would likely cost less and look better.

So yeah, I probably wouldn’t do PPF again. It’s not that PPF doesn’t help protect the paint. It certainly does. But to me it’s a waste of money because of the aforementioned reasons.

I suppose it comes down to preference. Do you care so much about having original paint in mint condition after 5-10 years of driving that you’re willing to fork out thousands to protect it or do you repaint those areas every 5-10 years and call it a day? - I’d choose the repaint 9/10 times, unless I intended on selling the car for $1 mil on BAT in the future where original paint is priority to nerd collectors.

One thing to consider is that pulling off PPF after many years is a gamble. Every professional detailer will tell you this.

TypeR1994

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RS3, 2017 Type R
Xpel Ultimate Plus self healing comes with a 10 year warranty. Ceramic coat the ppf and it will last for ages. Did you see the recent keyed car photo? Not with ppf. Well worth the price to protect the future legend.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you pay for your FL5? 2C1F95CB-B997-460F-8F65-7B1D4312F8B8

XPEL saved me a whole hood repaint from someone keying my RS3(lucky it was my hood), worth the Money for nice cars, don’t care what anyone thinks

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Regarding the paint matching, once you find a reputable place that does a great job, you're set. But finding a place that does a perfectly good job can be a hassle (recently had a tough time with a repaint: bad color match, interior was a bit hashed when they were done, etc.)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Regarding the paint matching, once you find a reputable place that does a great job, you're set. But finding a place that does a perfectly good job can be a hassle (recently had a tough time with a repaint: bad color match, interior was a bit hashed when they were done, etc.)
Agreed, but even the factory paint job on this car isn’t a perfect match according to Savagegeese’s latest video (specifically the bumpers).

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I've heard this too but how much of a paint matching are we talking about? I've only heard that in reference to paint matching the whole car not just doing a few areas.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
2C1F95CB-B997-460F-8F65-7B1D4312F8B8.jpeg

XPEL saved me a whole hood repaint from someone keying my RS3(lucky it was my hood), worth the Money for nice cars, don’t care what anyone thinks
wow,
forgot all bout the protection it provided for key monsters ... good point :thumbsup:

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Agreed, but even the factory paint job on this car isn’t a perfect match according to Savagegeese’s latest video (specifically the bumpers).
I've heard this too but how much of a paint matching are we talking about? I've only heard that in reference to paint matching the whole car not just doing a few areas.

It's really hard to perfectly paint match metal and plastic from what I can tell, given how the surfaces take paint differently. Also, I thought painting an entire car would be easier than parts, since you're literally putting the same color on the whole thing.

Either way, I'd rather not have to paint it at all 😐

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
ppf I can't speak for, as I only had it on front of my FK8, prior to ceramic on top......

Proper Paint Correction and subsequent Ceramic Coating is absolute must for all (finance permitting). Especially my lazy a$$...

please allow me to endrudged myself;
I'd be first to tell y'all I'm lazy as FU$& and hates waxing!
well boys and girls;
if the car was properly paint corrected and ceramic coated, you'll never have to wax again!!!
as soon as you wash and dry, the properly corrected paint will POP RIGHT OUT!!!
please see below two of my previous rides:
both fresh from wash only! I swear to SCIENCE! :)

ABM.jpg

Y With Wheels 1 (2).jpg

So if you lazy AF like me, than if funds permitting, should definitely consider paint correction and ceramic coating...

EDIT: per above @Tickle : the day I drove into the Honda dealer to work the deal for the FL5 and to show them my Model Y trade-in...obviously, they didn't have to look at my model Y for more than a minute, before they sat me down to work out all the numbers. Once they saw my trade, they didn't want to let me out the door, as much as I didn't want to leave without signing a contract for the the FL5. so yes, I think shiny cars should help with resale value. sorry, babbling on...
:spaz:
That is hands down the best colour that the FK8 can be had in IMO. If it was available in Canada I’d track one down.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
I did full Xpel ultimate PPF with ceramic on my 21 M2C and probably wouldn’t do it again. It always felt like a waste of money.

Repainting the front bumper and hood would be much cheaper and still look better (fresher) than a 5 or 10 year old PPF ever would.

If I had to do it again, I’d get ceramic only because it helps with cleaning. Or perhaps I would only wrap the front bumper, hood, and rockers with PPF because those are the only high impact areas. That would run about $3k, give or take. Then again, repainting the same areas would likely cost less and look better.

So yeah, I probably wouldn’t do PPF again. It’s not that PPF doesn’t help protect the paint. It certainly does. But to me it’s a waste of money because of the aforementioned reasons.

I suppose it comes down to preference. Do you care so much about having original paint in mint condition after 5-10 years of driving that you’re willing to fork out thousands to protect it or do you repaint those areas every 5-10 years and call it a day? - I’d choose the repaint 9/10 times, unless I intended on selling the car for $1 mil on BAT in the future where original paint is priority to nerd collectors.

One thing to consider is that pulling off PPF after many years is a gamble. Every professional detailer will tell you this.
I tend to agree here. While the ppf certainly does its job, I got my front bumper resprayed on my FC3 for $500. I have friends in the business so it's a great price and he did a great job. However a true ceramic coating is almost mandatory for a car enthusiast. I never got my FC3 coated but my girl's sport hatch is. Mine is garage kept and super well maintained. Hers....is not. Much easier to wash her car with the coating. It pretty much pays for itself if your not having to wax every 3 months.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Just a heads up, local dealer near Charlotte called me up with a Champ White allocation. Quote OTD price is $56.8, including tax ($55.200 without). That's with no effort to negotiate on my part.

Required accessories:
-Lojack
-PULSE(safety device that helps to reduce rear end collisions, your center rear brake light when flash)
-Window Tint
-Wheel Locks
-Nitrogen fill in your tires

The nitrogen thrown in there's just a slap in the face :rolleyes:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Just a heads up, local dealer near Charlotte called me up with a Champ White allocation. Quote OTD price is $56.8, including tax ($55.200 without). That's with no effort to negotiate on my part.

Required accessories:
-Lojack
-PULSE(safety device that helps to reduce rear end collisions, your center rear brake light when flash)
-Window Tint
-Wheel Locks

Which dealer? I might be keen on it, if they'll sell to out of state clients

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
That is hands down the best colour that the FK8 can be had in IMO. If it was available in Canada I’d track one down.
I love that car very much, and still check classifies when I remember...hoping one day will find it for sale and still in good condition...who knows; maybe one day in the future, it'll be next to my FL5. :)

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

Required accessories:
-Lojack
-Window Tint
-Wheel Locks

Only $1600 Tax ? That’s cheap. Wished I lived in your state !
best