• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Love that.

Great looking car. Congratulations

Last edited:

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Msrp here. Family member long time Honda career.

:cool:

471230E5-B267-4AE6-8A96-3C800F5F7C43.jpeg
Congratulations. Beautiful car. But if I was a family member? I would have insisted they give me the car at cost including all the trunk and advertising money šŸ˜‰ enjoy your new ride.
regards

NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Not sure what the cost of living is for you guys but direct conversation wise you are paying what we do in Canada, assuming you paid MSRP.
Yes $72600 is the MSRP of the FL5 here in Australia, does not matter which state you are in.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Iā€™m strongly considering a low mileage ek9 type R for around $50k at this point. May as well buy a legend. I test-drove it for the first time recently and wow, talk about raw. The car is spectacular. Just get in and go. No bullshit electronics or big iPads. Pure af.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I did full Xpel ultimate PPF with ceramic on my 21 M2C and probably wouldnā€™t do it again. It always felt like a waste of money.

Repainting the front bumper and hood would be much cheaper and still look better (fresher) than a 5 or 10 year old PPF ever would.

If I had to do it again, Iā€™d get ceramic only because it helps with cleaning. Or perhaps I would only wrap the front bumper, hood, and rockers with PPF because those are the only high impact areas. That would run about $3k, give or take. Then again, repainting the same areas would likely cost less and look better.

So yeah, I probably wouldnā€™t do PPF again. Itā€™s not that PPF doesnā€™t help protect the paint. It certainly does. But to me itā€™s a waste of money because of the aforementioned reasons.

I suppose it comes down to preference. Do you care so much about having original paint in mint condition after 5-10 years of driving that youā€™re willing to fork out thousands to protect it or do you repaint those areas every 5-10 years and call it a day? - Iā€™d choose the repaint 9/10 times, unless I intended on selling the car for $1 mil on BAT in the future where original paint is priority to nerd collectors.

One thing to consider is that pulling off PPF after many years is a gamble. Every professional detailer will tell you this.
With this one there is something to be said that its has original paint. Its likely the last ice R and made in Japan. The idea of a respray makes me want to šŸ¤®.

PPF is easily steamed off after 10 years. No gamble at all. Wraps are the PITA to avoid.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Iā€™m strongly considering a low mileage ek9 type R for around $50k at this point. May as well buy a legend. I test-drove it for the first time recently and wow, talk about raw. The car is spectacular. Just get in and go. No bullshit electronics or big iPads. Pure af.
Two completely different cars. Both legends in there own right.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With this one there is something to be said that its has original paint. Its likely the last ice R and made in Japan. The idea of a respray makes me want to šŸ¤®.

PPF is easily steamed off after 10 years. No gamble at all. Wraps are the PITA to avoid.
Depends who does the respray. Iā€™ve seen body shops do a better job than the factory. Iā€™d much rather have a clean respray than boast about original paint that looks faded and beat upā€¦

Because thatā€™s the thing people forget - PPF doesnā€™t magically protect against all rocks and debris. Most decent size rocks will go through it and damage the paint regardless, which may not be immediately obvious.

And no, pulling PPF off after 10 years is NOT easy. Often times it comes off with paint from the impact areas. Iā€™ve seen this many times over two decades. Thereā€™s a reason why not a single PPF installer guarantees that pulling old PPF off will work. First thing they tell you is that it can pull paint because it happens frequently.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe

My car will never be in a museum so I don't think a front bumper respray is going to effect me much. I have a friend who does great work that will respray my bumper for $500. As long as it's not accident damage I don't think it will effect the resell value much if at all.

Reactions: 007

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Depends who does the respray. Iā€™ve seen body shops do a better job than the factory. Iā€™d much rather have a clean respray than boast about original paint that looks faded and beat upā€¦

Because thatā€™s the thing people forget - PPF doesnā€™t magically protect against all rocks and debris. Most decent size rocks will go through it and damage the paint regardless, which may not be immediately obvious.

And no, pulling PPF off after 10 years is NOT easy. Often times it comes off with paint from the impact areas. Iā€™ve seen this many times over two decades. Thereā€™s a reason why not a single PPF installer guarantees that pulling old PPF off will work. First thing they tell you is that it can pull paint because it happens frequently.
I agree to disagree - a good ppf shop can easily remove quality ppf after that time. Even with wraps, paint coming off is usually driven by crappy adhesive and covering repainted panels that had not been primed correctly.

Maintaining original paint is for my own joy!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree to disagree - a good ppf shop can easily remove quality ppf after that time. Even with wraps, paint coming off is usually driven by crappy adhesive and covering repainted panels that had not been primed correctly.

Maintaining original paint is for my own joy!
If you want to blow several grand on a PPF, be my guest lol. Nobodyā€™s stopping you. I had it and wouldnā€™t do it again. A respray is cheaper and will look better. Plus, weā€™re talking Civics and BMWs, not Lambos.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
If you want to blow several grand on a PPF, be my guest lol. Nobodyā€™s stopping you. I had it and wouldnā€™t do it again. A respray is cheaper and will look better. Plus, weā€™re talking Civics and BMWs, not Lambos.
I did and I love it. Ceramic coat on Monday!
Sponsored