Sponsored

What parts from the 2027 are you swapping over

MooMoo

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2024
Threads
25
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
1,533
Location
NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 CW FL5 Type R, 2000 S2000, 2002 Range Rover P38
I thought the FL5 horn was wimpy, then I bought a 2000 AP1 S2000, lol, makes the FL5 horn feel totally ok
Sponsored

 

BuntaTypeR

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2024
Threads
18
Messages
286
Reaction score
405
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, Tesla M3P, 08STi, S2k,Rsx-S
1. Heated seats = great feature if you plan on keeping the stock seats and live in a cold climate.
2. USB-C ports = This would be great and modern upgrade.
3. Brake pedal spring = I am skeptical about how much of an improvement this actually is. I think it's better to upgrade the whole front brake setup, not just a pedal spring.
4. Darker shift knob = Most owners who modify their cars have already replaced the stock knob anyway.
5. A/C controls = I am excited to see the new updated design looks like.
6. Wrapped dash = I would love to see this premium material replace the current cheap, plastic looking style.

Honda really should have fixed the Type R's cooling issues.
 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
827
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
1. Heated seats = great feature if you plan on keeping the stock seats and live in a cold climate.
2. USB-C ports = This would be great and modern upgrade.
3. Brake pedal spring = I am skeptical about how much of an improvement this actually is. I think it's better to upgrade the whole front brake setup, not just a pedal spring.
4. Darker shift knob = Most owners who modify their cars have already replaced the stock knob anyway.
5. A/C controls = I am excited to see the new updated design looks like.
6. Wrapped dash = I would love to see this premium material replace the current cheap, plastic looking style.

Honda really should have fixed the Type R's cooling issues.
I don't know if you saw the other thread, but in the case of the updated AC controls are just be black controls people have already been using, same goes for all the updates to the interior. It's all been in the racing black package we've seen in Japan.

As for the cooling, I guess they tried with that slight change to the lower grille. Supposedly more airflow. Like you I would have liked something more, maybe a dedicated radiator for the transmission or even a secondary cooler.
 

lilDumpsterRat

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2024
Threads
8
Messages
82
Reaction score
71
Location
LA
Vehicle(s)
Rs3, S3
I want the darker mesh insert for the aircon and the shift knob, combined with the mugen carbon shift plate area would go nicely, and the ac knobs.
 


RaphaelSavior

Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Aug 8, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
10
Reaction score
16
Location
Orange County, CA
Vehicle(s)
R-655506
From a practicality standpoint, i dont even want those suade additional parts, seems like just extra hard to clean a lot of dirt attracting surface ? or am i missing something here?
I agree with this post. The Alcantara looks nice but it’s like having wall to wall carpeting with young kids. You can clean the surface but there’s an entire ecosystem living just under the nap.
 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
827
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
From a practicality standpoint, i dont even want those suade additional parts, seems like just extra hard to clean a lot of dirt attracting surface ? or am i missing something here?
The part right under the windows would be a nightmare to clean. I like to drive with my windows down even when it's raining, and water gets on that area all the time. I already spend forever cleaning the damned center console, the window sill would kill me lol.

The dash seems fine, but again, hard to reach and clean properly. The auto industry somehow convinced all of us that alcantara and hyper suede are luxury materials. The only alcantara I like on these cars is the seats, and that's mostly because of the shorter, easier to clean fibers
Sponsored

 
 







Top