Sponsored

What parts from the 2027 are you swapping over

Higgs Boson

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
110
Reaction score
200
Location
Texas Hill Country
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
I'd like the auto-dimming mirror if it's got homelink in it. Getting away from the anemic little horn we currently have would also be nice.

I'm not concerned with too much of the rest.
I love the horn, it keeps me humble, it will never initiate road rage as the typical response is laughter....it doesn't really say, "HONK", its more like, "beep, I guess, sorry just go ahead."
Sponsored

 

22Si

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
304
Reaction score
247
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5
I love the horn, it keeps me humble, it will never initiate road rage as the typical response is laughter....it doesn't really say, "HONK", its more like, "beep, I guess, sorry just go ahead."

I agree with you I don't World rage in general it's never worth it with a nice car you have to drive defensively but it's more for the distracted idiots that don't hear the horn because they have their music so loud and they're looking at their phone.

But my comment was also kind of tongue in cheek lol.
 

J_D

Senior Member
First Name
J
Joined
May 9, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
483
Reaction score
486
Location
Montreal
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Guyssss you aren’t listening to me! There is already an auto dimming mirror for the FL5.
U.S cars up until this point weren’t wired for it.
 


Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,018
Reaction score
814
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
I love the horn, it keeps me humble, it will never initiate road rage as the typical response is laughter....it doesn't really say, "HONK", its more like, "beep, I guess, sorry just go ahead."
Yeah, the embarrassment of the sound keeps me from using it 🤣
 

dwag88

Senior Member
First Name
David
Joined
May 11, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
51
Reaction score
71
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Vehicle(s)
2024 CW CTR, 2022 Tesla MY LR, 2023 GMC Sierra 5.3 (work)
The problem with trying to simply swap in the updated USB-C ports on the '27+ FL5 and '25 Civic is they both need new wiring harnesses able to handle the higher amperage rating needed to support the fast charging and USB 3.1 data standard that comes in these vehicles.

The new USB-C DATA port that comes on the '25+ Civic and '27+ FL5 runs directly into the newly revised head unit which was updated to provide BOTH the improved power and data connection necessary. This is a hardware limitation absent in the '22-'24 Civic and '23-'26 FL5 head unit.

The Mikstore conversion kit can convert the dedicated charging port from slow charge USB-A to fast charge USB-C via an extra wiring harness that taps into the fuse box under the dash to deliver the higher 3.0A rating necessary but this conversion will only work for the dedicated USB-C CHARGING port.
Well shit. Guess I only want the horn then.

The auto-dimming mirror is 100% spot on fitment, they'll most likely just throw a different part # on it lol
I followed the Homelink mirror thread. I bought a homelink mirror from an MDX. I didn't have any fitment issues. I'm still not sure why half the people in that thread had problems with securing it. Maybe there are multiple versions of the mirror.
 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,018
Reaction score
814
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
Well shit. Guess I only want the horn then.


I followed the Homelink mirror thread. I bought a homelink mirror from an MDX. I didn't have any fitment issues. I'm still not sure why half the people in that thread had problems with securing it. Maybe there are multiple versions of the mirror.
Do the homelink mirrors have auto dimming?
 


RaphaelSavior

Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Aug 8, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
9
Reaction score
16
Location
Orange County, CA
Vehicle(s)
R-655506
USB C and auto dimming mirror. I know, we can use the accord mirror and harness, but I’d rather want something with 100% fitment to a FL5
You will need to run the wiring harness to retrofit the auto dimming mirror whether you use the Civic Hybrid auto dimming mirror (which I imagine is what's installed in the 2027 Type R) or the Accord auto dimming which also has Homelink garage opener. The effort is the same but with the Accord mirror you get the added Homelink feature. The fuse box has a receptacle for the mirror wiring harness connector so both are OEM+. This is not a difficult install.
 

Xmetal

Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
354
Reaction score
403
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S3
After reading a bit more about the interior features, I wouldn't mind the door handles and shift knob of the darker gray/gunmetal.
The darker gunmetal may look better untouched, but it'll show scratches more prominent than the current lighter aluminum knob. No matter how careful I tried to be with mine, I found a couple of minor scratches after getting the car back from service. The car porter guy probably wore a ring :mad:
 

pigfacedalarm

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Threads
14
Messages
18
Reaction score
26
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
You will need to run the wiring harness to retrofit the auto dimming mirror whether you use the Civic Hybrid auto dimming mirror (which I imagine is what's installed in the 2027 Type R) or the Accord auto dimming which also has Homelink garage opener. The effort is the same but with the Accord mirror you get the added Homelink feature. The fuse box has a receptacle for the mirror wiring harness connector so both are OEM+. This is not a difficult install.
It’s not a hard install at all but the mounting point does not mate up 100% to the FL5 mounting bracket. Check the big Homelink thread on here; people have to fabricate their own mounts, bend prongs, etc. Otherwise, it’s not 100% secure. So I’m hoping the mirror utilized in the 2027 fits the FL5 mounting bracket perfectly.
 

marcusm86

Senior Member
First Name
Marcus
Joined
Dec 20, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
244
Reaction score
194
Location
Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type-R
It’s not a hard install at all but the mounting point does not mate up 100% to the FL5 mounting bracket. Check the big Homelink thread on here; people have to fabricate their own mounts, bend prongs, etc. Otherwise, it’s not 100% secure. So I’m hoping the mirror utilized in the 2027 fits the FL5 mounting bracket perfectly.
i have 0 fitment issues with mine.. i got a used one from a MDX from ebay.
Sponsored

 
 







Top