• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wheel rash!! Help im spiraling

OP
OP
LaFlamaBlanca

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
"Thanks smart guy" Flama your a chump.... You asked for guidance, then you bad mouth a person that gives you guidance. learn how to drive...
eh c’mon. Thats tongue in cheek no doubt. Thats like if you ask the doctor your diagnosis and he says ‘google it’. Or for that matter if anyone asks anything here, whats the point if we have google? If im wrong then i apologize to TypeRD, limitstions of text/internet. Any ways not gonna argue, took a sharpie to it for now until some paint comes out, definitely takes the anger away for now 👍🏻 . Thanks all

11th Gen Honda Civic Wheel rash!! Help im spiraling D057D751-E0A9-4587-A195-1EFDE344D029
Sponsored

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
i had tried it once on a different car and found it hard to use normal sandpaper without scuffing up the surrounding area. where did you find fk8 touch up paint?
I did it too -- actually zapped the tire edge as well :oops:

but, i went to a repair guy who was recommended to me and he wasn't that helpful -- said he couldn't do it better than i would be able to -- that i should be able to easily do it myself. He warned that it would take a long time to get through the metal.

So, when i did the sandpaper thing, on the larger gouge, i ended up doing exactly what you did -- i scuffed a much larger area *ugh!* What i found was that these wheels are really soft aluminum -- i had posted about this earlier that i ended up going much deeper as well, since i had given it more muscle than needed. And, i had to use normal or fine sandpaper with either a careful fold or wrap it onto a small rod and work it carefully. That worked much better on the smaller gouge.

As to color... i was told by 2 different people to just use black -- but to make sure it was ZINC-based so it would adhere to the metal better... so that's what i did. I got one of the canister applicators at a auto shop that had a brush applicator. it did work out.

Once i realized how soft the wheel metal was, it didn't take that long... maybe 10-15 min of being REALLY careful not to trash the area around it.

However, If i ever do it again, tho... i'm thinking i may just try the sharpie thing before going through all that :p

Here's what it looks like -- this is the part i did properly... the other part isn't as pretty...

11th Gen Honda Civic Wheel rash!! Help im spiraling wheel-work

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
eh c’mon. Thats tongue in cheek no doubt. Thats like if you ask the doctor your diagnosis and he says ‘google it’. Or for that matter if anyone asks anything here, whats the point if we have google? If im wrong then i apologize to TypeRD, limitstions of text/internet. Any ways not gonna argue, took a sharpie to it for now until some paint comes out, definitely takes the anger away for now 👍🏻 . Thanks all
Glad it worked, but you asked for help and everyone here did their best to help... plus, TypeRD did explain that he thought you were looking for a professional source. You should acknowledge his explanation and that it was not mal-intended... rather than saying, "if i'm wrong..."

OP
OP
LaFlamaBlanca

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Glad it worked, but you asked for help and everyone here did their best to help... plus, TypeRD did explain that he thought you were looking for a professional source. You should acknowledge his explanation and that it was not mal-intended... rather than saying, "if i'm wrong..."
Fair enough, my bad TypeRD. We all homies here..

jarielctr

First Name
Jariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 FL5
Well i did it. 🤦🏻‍♂️. Somebody tell me something good before i light it on fire and collect the insurance check. Luckily its not too deep so some touch up paint should make it tough to see. Called Honda and they dont sell touch up paint for the FL5 wheels. Somebody please give me another solution or i may just take a sharpie to it for the short term.

89FF950F-F999-40BD-88D9-851D0EC894AC.jpeg
the color is satin black

juanmasubbie

First Name
juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla, FL5 Type R 02999, 04/05 FXT, 10 RDX
Well i did it. 🤦🏻‍♂️. Somebody tell me something good before i light it on fire and collect the insurance check. Luckily its not too deep so some touch up paint should make it tough to see. Called Honda and they dont sell touch up paint for the FL5 wheels. Somebody please give me another solution or i may just take a sharpie to it for the short term.

89FF950F-F999-40BD-88D9-851D0EC894AC.jpeg
Easy fix bro. Just get someone good or sell the oem set and get some nice wheels. 18x9.5.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I wonder if my ND BBS wheel paint is "close enough", I had used sharpie on it first for a small bit of rash. Hope I don't need to find out but I could test it on the OEM nick in the barrel you can't see to check how close.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Fair enough, my bad TypeRD. We all homies here..
Folks are getting a little too worked up about it. Had I taken offense I’d have said as much. But I didn’t take offense as I understood my suggestion to “Google it” came off rather brash. No one is mad here and never was. We good! :cool:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I'm one of those that would just go to local hobby shop and get the closest Testor model paint....cause with me, it'll happen again, and I'll just be punching myself in the sack again. So mind as well just touch it up...honestly, I can be pretty Jerry Riggie (resourceful, cheap, oh no he didn't, etc...) some times, and just use a fat Sharpie 😁 :crazy:

OP
OP
LaFlamaBlanca

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Can confirm sharpie actually very close match. Since ive had the car a while now im pretty sure i rashed because the default view on the rear view camera i think is a little odd. Never had a prob backing around on my last car. Id fly into tight spots in reverse. This thing seems a little distorted. That second view option with the back up camera has been workinf a lot better for me since
Sponsored